Kid's & Teen's Club?

natesfirewife

For those of you who have teens and have used the kid's/teen's club, what did your kids think of it. What parts did they like and what didn't they like.

Our kids will be 12 &14 when we sail and was wondering how it compared to RCCL & Princess.

Recently returned from Alaskan cruise where my 13 year old daughter participated only once as there was only 15 or so children TOTAL on board and only 1 or 2 others in her age group so there really was nothing teenage specific which was so very disappointing as she has always enjoyed the kids club on other cruises (never sailed Celebrity before) and was often a little lost and somewhat bored.

Will be thinking twice about destination, time of sailing and cruise line next cruise.

I am betting a bunch of money that your teens will have a great time. We have cruised the Infinity (twice) and the Millenium since our daughter turned 12 (she is now 15) and she has had a wonderful time. I find the kids staff generally excellent, and they hit a good balance between organized activities and maintaining safety and letting the older kids just hang out and do there own thing. Not sure which ship you will be on, but the Millenium class have a great teen center near the disco (10 fwd) so the kids have a good place to meet. Encourage your teens to go to the first few activities so they meet people right away. One cruise our daughter was reluctant because she figured it was for little kids, and then it took the whole week to figure out that there really were some cool kids on board. It may not look like there are many teens around but we have always found there are at least 10 or 20, and that is enough for most kids to have a lot of fun.

Depending on how independent your kids are, I recommend taking family radios (walkie-talkies) so you can each do thing you like and still track them down now and then (like for meals) but don't have to spend hours going around deck after deck looking for them. This worked well for us when our daughter was 12 to 14.

Also, our daughter dressed for dinner with us and then usually went and changed into more casual wear and went to the shows or the teen club in the evening.

Have fun!

Thanks Kruznkanuk. We will be on the Summit for 14 nights. We are going from Barcelona to Venice 11/01/08. My only thing is that I'm not sure there will be very many kids at that time. :)

Misty,

We just got off the Millennium a few days ago, from Venice to Barcelona. There were around 50 or so kids on board. Our almost 12-year-old son LOVED the program. There were normally 15-20 kids in the program. A lot of the time, the staff let the older kids do what they wanted, with some organized activities. I imagine that most kids will be back in school by November so there may not be many kids. Have a great cruise!!

Frederick

My 15 yo prefered teen club on Princess (14 at that time). More teens and more and better activities. He still was able to meet friends, although number of teens even during April vacation was limited, and had a good time.

Archived