New to Celebrity! Millennium aft 9201 or 7203?

Travelalot2

We usually cruise on Royal Caribbean and always get the AFT rooms. On their ships, the AFT rooms on the highest decks are best. However, this time, we're trying something different and booking a 14 day cruise on the Millennium. Both 9201 and 7203 are open. Since we've never sailed on this ship before, we're unsure if deck 9 or 7 is better in the back. The balcony on deck 7 seems larger but is being directly over the open section of the suite below a problem for noise and privacy?

On an additional note, they also had open 6143, but, from reading the posts on this board, it appears that the AFT is still better to grab (Please let me know if we're wrong!) even though this cabin does have a larger balcony and is located near the suites.

The cruise we are booking is quite a ways out which is why the rooms are available. We always book early to get the great cabins!

We usually cruise on Royal Caribbean and always get the AFT rooms. On their ships, the AFT rooms on the highest decks are best. However, this time, we're trying something different and booking a 14 day cruise on the Millennium. Both 9201 and 7203 are open. Since we've never sailed on this ship before, we're unsure if deck 9 or 7 is better in the back. The balcony on deck 7 seems larger but is being directly over the open section of the suite below a problem for noise and privacy?

On an additional note, they also had open 6143, but, from reading the posts on this board, it appears that the AFT is still better to grab (Please let me know if we're wrong!) even though this cabin does have a larger balcony and is located near the suites.

The cruise we are booking is quite a ways out which is why the rooms are available. We always book early to get the great cabins!

From personal preference, I would go with 7203 rather than 9201. On Deck 9 you will be directly below the buffet. There will be people moving chairs around on the wooden deck above you and cleaning being done and lots of people looking over onto your balcony. We had 7202 on our Millennium transatlantic in March and absolutely loved it! The enormous suites below were only used by 2 people - of course, YMMV.

We have 8172 on our Infinity Alaska repo in Sept. and can't wait. For us, aft cabins are the way to go:D. BTW, we had originally booked 6143 for this cruise, but switched to the aft cabin as soon as it was possible. The balconies for the aft cabins are enormous, about the same width as 6143, but twice as deep AND there is no side wind.

We were on 9 and the noise from stuff rolling and moving overhead made us move to 7. It was the best! The bar above couldn't look down and it was quiet.

The aft with huge decks are the best rooms in the house...I mean ship.

I agree with most of the comments of the others. We had 9201 twice this year; and, it was very nice. However, it was a wee bit noisy. Although, we did enjoy the music. One side effect was someone who tossed a lit cigarette on the covering over our deck.

We are trying 6135 and 6143 on future cruises.

We just got off the Millennium a few days ago and were in 9201. If you've got the opportunity to get an aft on deck 7, I would do that. However, I wouldn't hesitate to book this stateroom again. Yes, there were times you could hear the chairs being moved around but it really wasn't that bad. Being on deck 9, it was certainly convenient to get up to the Ocean Cafe (and Kids program). I don't think you can go wrong with either.

It's true what they say... Once you go AFT... :D

Frederick

Having been in aft cabins on decks 7, 8 & 9. I could agree that deck 7 is the best choice. Enjoy!

I have been in cabin 9201 twice & enjoy the aft cabins. I am wondering as you have been in all three deck aft cabis are the balconies larger on deck 7 as oppose to deck 9?

Thanks

Archived