Docking in St Thomas?

My wife and I are taking a cruise on August 19th on the AOS. We were looking into going to St. John when the ship docks in St. Thomas. We thought about just taking a ferry over to St. John. Does anyone know what the name of the pier is in St. Thomas that the AOS docks at? Is the ferry the easiest way to get to St. John? Any suggestions where to go on St. John? We've been to St. Thomas a few times already and wanted to try something new.

Thanks

Charlotte Amalie is the name of the town. RCI ships usually dock at Havensight Pier. Some anchor in the harbor and tender in and overflow goes to Crown Point Marina, west of the city. We have been to St. Thomas many times and have always used the Havensight Pier.

I have gone to st. john on my own and through the ship. If you do it on your own, you will take a taxi to Red Hook and take a ferry over to St. John from there they run every hour. If you do the excursion through the ship the ferry leaves right from the pier where the ship is docked (no taxis:D ) the ferry ride is longer (30 -45 minutes total) but you get to see the coast of St. Thomas. We went to Trunk Bay and stayed for a couple of hours. We had plenty of time to snorkel. We chose this excusion due to the easy ferry ride and we wanted to be able to go into town to shop a bit after.

If you want more time on St. John to explore, go to red hook and do it yourself. Great beaches, hikes etc. You will love it.

Archived