Snorkling on Bermuda

DW and I did the Restless Native Catamaran cruise and snorkel last July and may do again this year as we sail on EOS on 7/1. It was an informative sail with very nice hosts and great snorkeling.

I have also snorkeled at Tobacco bay which was also nice.

DW and I did the Restless Native Catamaran cruise and snorkel last July and may do again this year as we sail on EOS on 7/1. It was an informative sail with very nice hosts and great snorkeling.

I have also snorkeled at Tobacco bay which was also nice.

I second this tour, it was wonderful.

Hi Joel and Lisa,

You will love Bermuda-what a gorgeous place!

If you have not already done so, check out the Bermuda board on Ports of Call.

Our two cents worth:

Get the three day bus/ferry pass. I think you can purchase it on board. If not, you can do so near where the ship docks. It will take you all over the island. Main destinations are Hamilton, St. Georg, and the dockyards area. We liked St. George and Fort St. Catherines (spelling ?).

Other highlights for us were the aquarium (much more than just an aquarium), and caves (I have done a lot of caving, so they weren't a novelty for me, but still intersting).

As far as snorkeling, if you have your own gear we suggest Church Bay. No crowds, good snorkeling, and phenomenally beautiful. No rental stuff, but there are restrooms. I have heard that the snorkel park near the dockyards is also good, as is Horeshoe Bay and Tobacco Bay.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

I was there 2 years ago on the dearly departed Celebrity Horizon. I went to horseshoe bay and shelly bay. The snorkeling was good, nothing great, but I got to see a variety of fish. Enjoy your cruise, Bermuda is my favorite port, and everything is very accessible (love those pink buses :D)

We are just back from beautiful Bermuda. We didn't snorkel, water too cold for us. But we walked from St. George's to Tobacco Bay which is beautiful and known for good snorkeling. The water is amazing and most of the bay is shallow. Just follow the markers toward Ft. St. Catherine and you will reach Tobacco Bay in probably less than a mile. We were so enchanted with this bay that we never made it to the fort!

My fiance and I went down to Bermuda at the end of May in 05 and we had a blast.

We did a Catamaran cruise out to a snorkel spot, it was a blast. The snorkeling was so so though. I was expecting a lot more fish, but that said I am glad I did it and will never forget it.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/turbosol16/album/576460762344489105/photo/294928803667911692/2

25 Days then we get to go back again!

Archived