Just a wee bit confused??

delmar60

We are looking at the August 27 cruise out of Whittier on Princess. My question is, how in the H--L do you get from Anchorage to Whittier??? All the car rentals do not have a one way drop off, the train leaves at 10.00 am, I can not find a Greyhound equivilent. If I book thru a T.A. is there a shuttle that picks us up a the airport. I have achieved enough points to fly for free so I was hoping to use them. If anybody out there can help my extreme thanks in advance. I am looking at flying out of Vancouver and will arrive in Anchorage around 2.45 pm if that helps!!

You can book rail or bus transfers through Princess, you can take the train independently, or there are several limo/van shuttles services that you can find by Googling "whittier shuttle"

We are looking at the August 27 cruise out of Whittier on Princess. My question is, how in the H--L do you get from Anchorage to Whittier??? All the car rentals do not have a one way drop off, the train leaves at 10.00 am, I can not find a Greyhound equivilent. If I book thru a T.A. is there a shuttle that picks us up a the airport. I have achieved enough points to fly for free so I was hoping to use them. If anybody out there can help my extreme thanks in advance. I am looking at flying out of Vancouver and will arrive in Anchorage around 2.45 pm if that helps!!

A Princess transfer is probably by far the most reliable option. If worse comes to worse you can even take a Checker cab for 5 or less it cost about $150.00. Not to bad depending on how many you have traveling with you. Do a real thorough google search about transportation in and around Anchorage.

Here's a link to a website that contains info on how to get from Anchorage to Whittier http://www.alaskaanchorage.net/whittier-anchorage.php Use more of the links on the side of the page to find out more. I believe the Princess Shuttle is $55pp and the train is $90pp. We called to make arrangements for our 09/03 arrival and 09/17 departure, and it is too early from the independent company we chose, but they put our names on their lists for those days and we will check back. Hope this helps!

Priscilla

delmar, princess has a spot right at the airport where they will meet up with you. i believe they leave the airport about 4pm for whittier. it is $55. all you need to do is either contact your TA or princess to set it up. there are other options but since you're not getting in until 2:45 i would just go with princess unless like others have mentioned, there are a number of you then it might be cheaper to hire a limo, etc.

I suggest you first make certain, you can redeem your FF miles for the fights you want.

I recommend the regular run of the Alaska RR, then a boat tour of Prince William Sound, just spectacular and greatly superior to anything seen from your ship. Makes great use of time.

Your TA should be helping you with all the different options. They can tell you what the choices and arrange them for you, even if you want to use FF miles. That is why it is smart to use a good local full service TA who is a CLIA Accredited Cruise Counselor. If you are not getting this kind of service from your TA, vote with your feet and find one who is more helpful!

Have a GREAT cruise!

Archived