Lunch in Dining room first day on Crown!

Asil65

Does anyone know if you can still eat in the dining room for lunch on the day you board Crown? When we sailed on the Grand a few years back we were able to eat lunch in the dining room instead of with the majority of passengers that were all shuffled into the buffet after the boarded. A much nicer experience for us. Has anyone been able to do this on the Crown?

Thanks Sandytoes, It's been a few years since I've sailed with Princess. I guess they finally put a stop to this. Sounds like they are encouraging people to board later too. I guess we will dine with the masses.

Yes they are, it just depends on the ship. On the Crown we went both times on embarkation day. They don't advertise it but if you talk nice to the ding room personnel they will let you in. ;)

Only missed the dining room a couple of times on embarkation day.

We just got off the Crown. Afraid you'll have to eat at the Horizon Court on embarkation day.

There was one couple on our cruise (first time ever at sea) that didn't realize you could eat breakfast and lunch in the dining rooms until we'd been at sea for 5 days! They thought the only place you could eat at was the buffet. They were very happy (and a little embarassed) to find that the dining rooms are open for breakfast/lunch.

Archived