Carrying waterproof packs

How much was it? That is good to have I think for the times if you are in the water and dont have a locker to put your stuff in, if you have to leave your stuff out in the open at least you can keep your money, credit cards and any other little things of value with you in the water, I will have to look into that for sure.

Danielle

I would really love to get one of these for our trip but I dont know if I could put my beloved camera into it and submerge it in the ocean......I guess I could "practice" in the bathtub with something I wouldn't care if it got wet....

I ordered two Otterbox 1000 waterproof boxes on ebay last night. They are just large enough for ID, cash and credit cards/ seapass. They also have a lanyard to keep them attached to you.

We carry a small waterproof pouch that's made by AquaPac. I have what's called the Large Waganini case (or something like that). It holds DH's wallet, our room keys, at has a little bit of room left over. We have been pleased with their quality, and it hasn't leaked yet (we've had it for two years, using it on cruises and at waterparks). You can find them various places online by doing a search for AquaPac.

You can get waterproof bags in lots of different sizes from any outdoor store. Look under kayak dry bags.

If the bag will stay dry going upside down in a kayak through a rapids, it will take anything you can put it through.

DON

Archived