Port Canaveral

prizm8

Hi:

Staying in the Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral area the night before. Any suggestions? Eyeing the Radisson. Has a free shuttle to the port. Can you select the time to go or does the hotel make that decision? Thx

We're planning to stay there, too - Labor Day weekend. Lots of hotels offer cruise packages (park car there & take shuttle to port). You'll have to do some "legwork" to see if they're available. From what I understand (emails from hotels), the customer chooses when to go to the port - depending on space on the shuttle, of course.

If you want to check reviews on hotels in the area, try tripadvisor.com - I put more faith in these boards, but couldn't find any info.

Good luck to both of us!

I stayed at the Radisson in a regular room and had the opportunity to see the suites (in February 2004). The bigger suites were nicer than the regular rooms but I found nothing wrong with them. The hotel is NOT on the ocean but they do have a nice pool area with bar. I was surprised to find it on a main street of the city. I enjoyed their restaurant (blackened mahi mahi) and found a great Caribbean dress in their store. They offer shuttle service. I could not book in advance but knew people who did. I think you just need to call ahead and hope for the best. If not, then you just book upon check-in. The parking lot is basically a large grassy field filled with many cars. I personally would park my car there but my law enforcement hubbie probably would not had he seen it. If I did park my car, then I would be sure it did not have anything of value in it or in sight. Do not let this scare you away from the hotel...I just tend to think like a crook!

Coka

• 1 month later...

Art's Shuttle and Cocoa Beach shuttle are two that go to the Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area hotels. Check them out on-line for current prices and availability once you get your hotel confirmation. There was damage to the Doubltree Hotel during the last hurricane so it is closed. You might want to wait until after Hurricane Jeanne, to make sure no further damange occurs to any area hotels.

Bon Voyage

Archived