Dancing Waiters

cwestbrook

I love the singing and dancing by the waiters!!! I honestly feel it is a huge part of my cruise enjoyment. What I can't understand is I have trouble remembering what I did yesterday and they remember every single thing that that pertains to their guests or tables. I think they are awesome!

I could not have said it better.

on the Conquest, they certainly weren't entertaining and were subpar. They have been much better on other ships and I typically enjoy it. I was let down for sure, and it would have been nice to at least see effort

The dancing on Destiny got, well, raunchy, for our tastes, but we just ate fast and left as it was starting. Not a big deal, but I wouldn't take my kids to see it!

Karen in Kentucky

Just out of curiosity, how raunchy were they? I have been on several cruises and the only thing they did was try to sing, move fast through the narrow isles and keep to the beat of music.

Ok just returned from the Victory and I can say my 15yr daughter and I loved the dancing waiters in the Pacific Dining room. There were about 6 or so pedastals they got on and danced........lol very entertaining:p

On the Triumph I think they danced 5 out of 7 nights. That was a bit of overkill in my opinion. And besides, for an 8:30 dinner seating, at 9:45ish when they started dancing we were still on entrees and I just wanted to eat and move the process along so we can get to the show.

Ugh I can't stand those dancing waiters! They look so ridiculous! 1 night of that is amusing at best. There is always one freaky waiter that insists I get up and dance with him and I'm always like "no dude let be finish my dessert!!" I mean just looking at the dining room decor is bad enough! :o

I think the dancing and singing need to go, it would help to recover the formal concept - if that is what Carnival choosed to do.

I'm with you on that one too Nick. Really didn't care much for the dancing and singing. Glad they did it at the end of the meal. Although I must say that the waiters/waitresses did look like they were having fun. :D

That must have been hilarious!! Make sure you tell all his friends at work about it!:D

On the Pride, my husband got up and did the macarena with our servers and he had a blast! There will be no other time that he will do the macarena....

Ugh I can't stand those dancing waiters! They look so ridiculous! 1 night of that is amusing at best. There is always one freaky waiter that insists I get up and dance with him and I'm always like "no dude let be finish my dessert!!" I mean just looking at the dining room decor is bad enough! :o

Would be nice if you shortened your signature line....please? Having to scroll all the way across several times is a chore.

What's wrong w/the dining room decor? (That question is to be taken w/humor....Carnival is known for flashy 'fun' colors, y'know.) Not much better on RCCL.:)

Although I must say that the waiters/waitresses did look like they were having fun. :D

Sandi, it's part of what they're paid to do, enjoy or not. And I do think some of the very younger ones do have fun with it.

However, I asked one older waiter if he really enjoyed doing that, and he said with a wink and smile, "It's part of the job." Then he rolled his eyes. As I said earlier, I think some of them must feel like fools, and I feel sorry for them.

On the Triumph last year we were on the second floor of the Dining Room & it looked like all the dancing was on the first floor, although I only remember seeing it on one night. On the last night, the song was "Leaving On a Jet Plane" (DUH!), but our waiter had us in stitches by wetting a napkin & wringing it near his eyes while pretending to cry. :D That was the extent of our "dancing waiter" and we thought it was a cute touch.:)

Remember a cruise on the Legend back in January when our wait staff seemed to be a bit stiff in their manner when waiting on our table. Didn't seem like they were working together at all. Then we saw the two of them get into the music and dancing and saw their smiles as they sang and danced together. We complimented them on their singing and dancing skills and the rest of our dining time together with the dinning duo was a entirely different experience.
You lucked out -- our waiter on the Legend couldn't dance OR wait on tables. ;)

On the Triumph, I believe there were three nights that they danced -- and because we had such a personable wait team, we really enjoyed the entertainment.

new cruisers enjoy the dancing and singing because it is a new experence to them. most people on a cruise ship are newbies!!
Most people are newbies??? Not according to the number of people at the past guest parties we've attended. ;)

On the last night, the song was "Leaving On a Jet Plane" (DUH!), but our waiter had us in stitches by wetting a napkin & wringing it near his eyes while pretending to cry.
That would be Leaving on a FUN SHIP. :)

just off the glory today, and maybe its cause we were first time cruisers but I loved the dancing and singing, our waiter Neuman was simply amazing and they did actually have little routines that went with the songs, the also caught us off guard on the second night we were talking with him and he found out that we were on our honeymoon and when desert came they brought out and extra desert with candles in it and sang Happy Honeymoon to us, it really made it seem like they were paying attention to us and since we always ordered a hot chocolate and a coffee with desert by the 3rd night we no longer had to order it it just showed up also a side note on the other entertainment I thought was very good It seemed like our dancers knew what they were doing.

Archived