What is the one not-to-be-missed thing to do with a 4-and-a-half-year-old?

Drew B

We're heading to Alaska in mid-September with an adventurous (fearless) little girl. Our port cities are Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway. Are there any activities that are just amazing for young kids?

I would think she would like the Lumberjack show in Ketchikan, any of the trips to see and play with the Huskies and ride the sleds, possibly the train ride in Skagway, seeing all the salmon in the creek along Creek Street, shopping in some of the stores in Juneau or Skagway for an Alaskan doll, buying a t-shirt with Alaskan animals on it and finger nail polish at Del Sol (in all 3 ports)...both items change color in the sun. Riding Roberts Tram in Juneau. If I think of more, I'll come back. gg

A fearless, smart a$$ woman after my own heart.
She's actually not too far off the mark! All the great scenic and wildlife sights notwithstanding--my kids probably had the best time right onboard in the kid's camp! Good thing we "forced" them to go whale-watching, glacier hiking, dog sledding and ride the White Pass RR too! :p

Archived