Concierge Club

The Concierge Lounge is open 24/7. The Concierge him/herself will not, of course, be on duty for that entire time, and will leave you a folder in your cabin telling you what hours he/she will be available. Usually in the morning, when an expanded continental breakfast is served, and late afternoon, when the cocktail hours are going on (5-8 or so).

When the Concierge isn't there, you can help yourself to cappuccino or espresso and/or use the Internet (not free, but seldom a wait for a terminal IME).

The Concierge can make your dinner, spa and shore excursion reservations, and procure ice skating show tickets for you if you're on a Voyager class ship (I don't know if there's a Diamond/D Plus rep on a Freedom class who will do that for you, as D/D+ have a lounge separate from the full suite dwellers). He or she may also be able to help you with other problems - for example, we had some laundry issues that the concierge on Brilliance took care of, going way beyond what we had asked of her.

Critterchick

We sail on the Enchantment next week. (Vision class) I've read the details on RCI"s website but still have a couple questions. During cocktail hours, are you allowed to get your drinks and return to your cabin with them? We enjoy sitting on our balcony with them. What exactly do they serve? Our son (27) likes beer. Also, in the am, can you pick up some expresso and leave?

We've been away from RCI for several years and things have changed!:)

Critterchick

We sail on the Enchantment next week. (Vision class) I've read the details on RCI"s website but still have a couple questions. During cocktail hours, are you allowed to get your drinks and return to your cabin with them? We enjoy sitting on our balcony with them. What exactly do they serve? Our son (27) likes beer. Also, in the am, can you pick up some expresso and leave?

You're supposed to stay in the lounge with your drinks, however I've seen people leave with them.

Yes, you can come to the lounge pick up breakfast and take it back to your cabin. Breakfast is continential style, bagels with the fixins', fruit, cereal, donuts, etc.

In the evening lots of Hors d'oeuvres to go with the drinks.

d

Critterchick

Julian will be your concierge. He will not allow you to take your drinks from the lounge. This should be standard procedure on all the ships but we've watched Julian in action as he stops people from removing food and drink from the lounge. He does allow you to make your own drinks which I really like. The drinks are all standard. rum, vodka, whisky, gin etc... with basic mixers. No fancy stuff.

You WILL love Julian and the concierge lounge on Enchantment. Once you are in there, you won't want to take your drinks back to your cabin. Julian is far too entertaining for you to want to leave. :)

Yes, you can have beer in there.

However, what I did not know is you can access the internet in there? Meaning, you use the concierge's computer when he is not there? There is only one PC in there and that is his. :confused::confused::confused:

Hello Cruise Critic freinds

My wife and I are looking into booking a cruise with Royal Caribbean in the near future. I've been reading about this Concierge Club and assume *forgive* that you must achieve some sort of status with the cruise line to access it. If this is true, can you somehow purchase the ability to use this club? If so what would it be worth? I see that there are free drinks offered. We do enjoy cocktails at night before dinner so that would be at least a $40 a night expenditure that might be saved with this benefit.

Jarrod and Sue,

Yes, you may purchase entry to the club by cruising 10 times or booking a suite higher than a Junior Suite. I know of no other way to get in there. (unless you make a friend who has access!)

8 cruises on RCI and counting!!!!

Sam :D

However, what I did not know is you can access the internet in there? Meaning, you use the concierge's computer when he is not there? There is only one PC in there and that is his. :confused::confused::confused:

The Enchantment of the Seas has 2 computer stations for guests. The concierge has his own personal computer which is not for guest use.

On all Radiance class ships, and in the Diamond Clubs on Freedom and Liberty, there are separate RCI online computers available for use by the guests. I am not sure if that is the case in the CCs on Voyager and Freedom class ships, as I believe that those rooms do not offer internet accessibility. I am not sure what the situation is with the concierge lounges that have been added to the Enchantment, Legend and Splendour.

Not all ships with CL's have internet access. Radiance of the Seas does not have internet service in the CL.

As far as making a friend who has access to the CL.........I don't think so! :mad: You either get the privilege of using it by staying in a Grand Suite or above or by being a Diamond/Diamond + Member in the Crown & Anchor Society. Most Concierge's will have a list of those that are allowed access into the lounge.

Not all ships with CL's have internet access. Radiance of the Seas does not have internet service in the CL.

As far as making a friend who has access to the CL.........I don't think so! :mad: You either get the privilege of using it by staying in a Grand Suite or above or by being a Diamond/Diamond + Member in the Crown & Anchor Society. Most Concierge's will have a list of those that are allowed access into the lounge.

Patti - thanks for the clarification on the CL on the Radiance. I was basing my response on our experiences on the Brilliance and the Jewel. Was only on the Radiance for a pre-inaugural and don't even remember whether or not we even visited the CL onboard. :)

No wireless access or not even computer terminals?

I know that on Serenade and Jewel I was able to get the Wifi signal on my laptop in the CL, but the access was so painfully slow that it wasn't worth lugging the thing down the hall. Cybercabin was even slower, but at least in my own cabin I could do other things while waiting for my emails & such to go through.

Exactly how do you get into the CL? I mean literally not theoretically. Does your cabin key card admit you? Is there someone at the door? Also, are children allowed or discouraged? Our granddaughter is with us. Not a place for kids? What is the fee for Internet use?

OK, I'm done for today.:o

I know that on Serenade and Jewel I was able to get the Wifi signal on my laptop in the CL, but the access was so painfully slow that it wasn't worth lugging the thing down the hall. Cybercabin was even slower, but at least in my own cabin I could do other things while waiting for my emails & such to go through.

Jean, it is possible that Radiance has Wifi............never taking a computer, I can't answer that. I know that there are computer terminals located on 3 different decks.

Exactly how do you get into the CL? I mean literally not theoretically. Does your cabin key card admit you? Is there someone at the door? Also, are children allowed or discouraged? Our granddaughter is with us. Not a place for kids? What is the fee for Internet use?

OK, I'm done for today.:o

To gain access to the CL, you must either be booked in a Grand Suite or above or be a Diamond/Diamond+ member. Upon arrival into your cabin, there will be a folder on your bed from the concierge. In that folder will be a letter stating services offered, times the concierge is available and a special key (which actually is the same size as your SeaPass key but a different color).

Children are allowed in during the day with an adult.......but between 5-8:30PM...........no children allowed because of alcohol being served.

Internet service is available for 50 cents per minute. They do offer weekly internet packages if you bring your own computer.

You are given a special key, like your cabin key when you arrive in your cabin with a folder with what you can and cannot do.

Children are not admitted when the bar is open pre dinner.

Critterchick

On the Mariner I thought I could carry my drink to dinner with me, not so. The concierge will stop you and very politly tell you that drinks cannot be taken out of the lounge. I can understand the reasoning as this service is for members.

I consider use of the concierge lounge to be a priviledge that has been earned, either by cruise credits or by booking a grand suite or better. It is a great benefit and those who are eligible should take great care that all the rules are followed. If this priviledge is abused it can be taken away. I know that all who have access would hate to see that happen.

Thanks to Royal Carib. for providing this perk. Now, if only Celebrity would start the same..............:)

happy cruising

On the Radiance there is a sitting area next to the CL and my husband, Jim, frequently takes his computer there (He has WiFi) when we're on Radiance. So I would assume that it would also work in the CL.

I know what you mean about how slow the Cybercabin is. On our last cruise Jim got me the Cybercabin but we discontinued it the next morning because it was so slow and it kept disconnecting from the internet.

Archived