Concierge Club

On the Radiance there is a sitting area next to the CL and my husband, Jim, frequently takes his computer there (He has WiFi) when we're on Radiance. So I would assume that it would also work in the CL.

I know what you mean about how slow the Cybercabin is. On our last cruise Jim got me the Cybercabin but we discontinued it the next morning because it was so slow and it kept disconnecting from the internet.

Thanks Dianne for the info on Radiance and WiFi. After all the cruises we have done on Radiance............I just never noticed.

You're supposed to stay in the lounge with your drinks, however I've seen people leave with them.

Yes, you can come to the lounge pick up breakfast and take it back to your cabin. Breakfast is continential style, bagels with the fixins', fruit, cereal, donuts, etc.

In the evening lots of Hors d'oeuvres to go with the drinks.

d

We were with friends that were not Diamond members. They were nice enough to let us take our drinks out of the room but only in the paper cups. That was fine with us.

you are given a key that opens the cl door if you are able to get in-

kids are not supposed to be in there after a certain time? i think- like during cocktail hour - we hope to be diamond by oct and will know more first hand info at that time! woo hoo- boy , have we cruised hard to earn that key! lol

What about the Concierge-advantages onboard The Vision of The Seas -- seeing as they do not have a Concierge Club? Do they substitute some other benefit? Or send you a bottle of Champagne or anything? We know there is no Concierge Lounge but wondered if they slip you a little something else? Anyone know?:confused:

Really? Before?

Julian contacted us before our cruise in a GS. He asked if he could make any appts. or reservations for us.

Here is what he wrote:

"My name is Julian Querico and I will be your Concierge on the Enchantment and I am giving you the opportunity to make advance bookings . Please see the attachments ."

Included with his email was a list of spa menu prices and the chops menu. I had him make a spa appt. and book our chops reservation a few days before departure.

Julian contacted us before our cruise in a GS. He asked if he could make any appts. or reservations for us.

Here is what he wrote:

"My name is Julian Querico and I will be your Concierge on the Enchantment and I am giving you the opportunity to make advance bookings . Please see the attachments ."

Included with his email was a list of spa menu prices and the chops menu. I had him make a spa appt. and book our chops reservation a few days before departure.

Thats cool. I was under the impression that some would contact you but I wasn't aware that you could actually make appointments. Thanks

We are sailing on the Enchantment this October. We will have our twenty year old daughter with us. Will she be allowed in the CL during the evening hours? And may I also ask if anyone has requested from the consierge ahead of time a roll away bed for a grand suite? Would this bed be in the way in the room during the day time hours or is it fairly compact? Thanks for any replies- this board is invaluable to us more novice cruisers.

The club was a highlight to our last cruise. We were on a trans atlantic for 13 days so having free cocktails every evening and sitting down in a nice lounge with other cruisers and having interesting conversations was fun. You do have to be a diamond member to take advantage of this.

We are sailing on the Enchantment this October. We will have our twenty year old daughter with us. Will she be allowed in the CL during the evening hours? And may I also ask if anyone has requested from the consierge ahead of time a roll away bed for a grand suite? Would this bed be in the way in the room during the day time hours or is it fairly compact? Thanks for any replies- this board is invaluable to us more novice cruisers.

There is not that much room in a Grand suite. I don't know if it would even fit. Can anyone verify if roll aways even exist on a cruise.

There is not that much room in a Grand suite. I don't know if it would even fit. Can anyone verify if roll aways even exist on a cruise.

I think this is something that RCI customer service would answer. The 20 year old would have to be booked in the cabin initially. And she will only allow the booking if 3 are permitted to book the cabin. RCI CS would know if 3 are allowed in the cabin by use of the sofa bed or a roll away. I don't think anyone would need the concierge for this.

If the 20 year old is not really booked in the GS or does not have diamond status, she will not be permitted in the CL on Enchantment. AFTER getting to know Julian, AND if it's not especially crowded, he will consider allowing the additional person in the lounge.

If the 20 year old DOES qualify for the lounge by either of the stated reasons, then yes, she will be permitted into the lounge while alcohol is being served but will not be permitted to drink alcohol.

Thanks Gina ...The twenty year old is booked in the Grande Suite so that solves one problem. I would have hated to leave her out because of alcohol being served and it goes without question that she will not drink there. Any thoughts on the rollaway bed issue? We will have four adult women in the room, myself, daughter, aunt and grandma and two of us on the sofa bed sounds tight to me.

Thanks Gina ...The twenty year old is booked in the Grande Suite so that solves one problem. I would have hated to leave her out because of alcohol being served and it goes without question that she will not drink there. Any thoughts on the rollaway bed issue? We will have four adult women in the room, myself, daughter, aunt and grandma and two of us on the sofa bed sounds tight to me.

Ahhh - to be 20 and meeting Julian. She is going to freak out!

Archived