On board question

chiccruiser

When you're on board, do you get a daily weather report for the port you are in. I know you get a daily program or something, does it have the weather report, so you know what to expect in port??

In your daily program it should give details of the weather expected and in the Captain's daily address to the passengers he or the Cruise Director should indicate what's happening with the weather. Have a great cruise

We had excellent hosts on Wind Surf many times (referring to Walt and Cheri for anyone who has sailed with them) who used to just print the weather report for the next few upcoming ports from the internet and post them on display at the front desk.

A very simple thing to do and greatly appreciated. Don't know why all cruise lines don't do this.

Also, on the old Royal Princess, the meteorological reports that the ship receives used to be posted along with a navigational chart showing the itinerary along with harbour charts of the next port so you could see the route of entry.

This was far superior to HAL's world map with the route illuminated that's in the Atrium or resorting to referring to the well-worn atlas in the Library.

All of these would be easy for HAL to do too.

I sometimes think they don't want passengers to be aware of future bad (eg. rainy) weather forecasts because they might cancel revenue producing shorexes!

I think flexibility needs to be the key word here. If the weather isn't all we'd hoped it would be, we simply adjust. There is always plenty to keep us entertained onboard, or even in a rainy port. Although it's nice to get that perfect weather, it's not something that will make or break a cruise for us. For the most part, we don't even wonder about it - just takes what comes and enjoy.

I know this is a bit off topic for this thread but I just had to comment on the new love of your life. We also have a female Havanese who is almost three years old. Ou dog Maya looks like she could be Ruby's sister. Our family loves Maya, my DDs call her their furry little sister. I didn't believe I could become attached to a dog. Well, I did!! Havanese have a wonderful temperament. You are going to love having her as part of your family!!

Gosh, I feel like Ruby and I have hijacked this thread. My apologies to chiccruiser - it happens sometimes, but keeps things interesting.

As for Miss Ruby, SHE has hijacked OUR lives. Suddenly we're awake at 5:30 am, ready to get down on the floor and play. We haven't had a dog for nearly 20 years, so this is a big change for us!

Gymnastsfamily - I'd love to connect with another Havanese owner - maybe you'd like to email me. Especially with any potty training advice you may have. :)

Sail - thanks for the good wishes. We've only had her since Saturday, but already the pleasures are immeasurable!

Archived