Disembarking in New York

junebubbles

Am arranging a car to pick us up in New York - can anyone give me an idea of what time I should book it for please ?

two weeks today and hardly counting at all ...............

How long is a piece of string?

Firstly, the higher the accomodation, the quicker you'll be off.

Immigration makes a huge difference.

But, for your assistance, and being on deck 12, I was in the Waldorf=Astoria by 9.30 am with a cab.

Matthew

Am arranging a car to pick us up in New York - can anyone give me an idea of what time I should book it for please ?

two weeks today and hardly counting at all ...............

There are so many variables, could be any time between 0830 and 1100, depending on weather, your cabin, how quickly the ship must turn around, etc., etc. Best to have a cell phone and a plan. Ask for a number for calling the driver directly (they are often lurking at the airports, about a half hour from the Red Hook terminal), phone him when you guess that you are half an hour from reaching the sidewalk, ask him to wear a red cap, and tell him that you will be waving a yellow umbrella.

I'll bet that it all goes much easier than you fear. Welcome to New York,

Paul

There are so many variables, could be any time between 0830 and 1100, depending on weather, your cabin, how quickly the ship must turn around, etc., etc. Best to have a cell phone and a plan. Ask for a number for calling the driver directly (they are often lurking at the airports, about a half hour from the Red Hook terminal), phone him when you guess that you are half an hour from reaching the sidewalk, ask him to wear a red cap, and tell him that you will be waving a yellow umbrella.

I'll bet that it all goes much easier than you fear. Welcome to New York,

Paul

Good advice. Providing you own a yellow umbrella.....

Matthew

we are on deck 12 - so guess i'll book it for 8.30 and keep my fingers crossed

thank you all, as ever, for all your help over the past few weeks with my questions - hopefully this will be the last one

lesley

I felt we were amazingly quick this time. There was no real queue for the Immigration.

Are you in AA grade?

Matthew

Yes - first timers and our 20th Wedding Anniversary so, having no experience and booking before I found this brilliant site - I just thought i should do the best I could; I do so hope we haven't made a mistake with the AA (I really like the idea of eating when we want to - but realise that set eating times are part of the whole cruise experience).

Thank you again

Lesley

Yes - first timers and our 20th Wedding Anniversary so, having no experience and booking before I found this brilliant site - I just thought i should do the best I could; I do so hope we haven't made a mistake with the AA (I really like the idea of eating when we want to - but realise that set eating times are part of the whole cruise experience).

Thank you again

Lesley

I'm a huge fan of AA grade having just done a crossing in that very grade. You've made a good decision.

Matthew

Matthew, how difficult was it to get a cab at the Red Hook terminal?

Beth

Both times I have arrived there there was a cab waiting for me. As we drove out into Brooklyn there was a constant stream of cabs into the terminal.

Matthew

Archived