Carnival booking--port charges/fees?

ElPolaco

I was trying to gauge the prices on some upcoming cruises... and I use orbitz to see the total price without having to fill out all my info and then I use carnival.com to see the past guest discounts/upgrades. I was wondering however, if the carnival.com price includes port taxes? I know it doesn't include government fees, but just wondering.

The price on Carnival website includes port charges but not the federal Taxes/fees. On our 8 day cruise we will be paying $160.40 extra for those taxes. I hope this helps.

Maddie

PS this is for two people

I was trying to gauge the prices on some upcoming cruises... and I use orbitz to see the total price without having to fill out all my info and then I use carnival.com to see the past guest discounts/upgrades. I was wondering however, if the carnival.com price includes port taxes? I know it doesn't include government fees, but just wondering.

Port Charges are included in the costs.... this is pretty consistent with most TA's and direct cruiseline bookings, but if in doubt ASK to make fair comparisons before making a decision on who to book with !

Also, when making that important decision on who to book with, factor in other things rather than only price i.e. customer service, knowledge of cruising, cancellation or change fees, etc..... sometimes the LOWEST PRICE is not the best way to book unless a savy traveller.

Yes the carnival price includes port charges. In fact no on is allowed to advertise a lower price than carnival's price so the prices should be the same.

Port charges average about $50 a port and are included these days in the quotes you get from every cruiseline I can think of. The dont include the govt taxes and fees which are minor compared to port charges.

Another question... are government fees a set rate? Or, are they variable too? Thanks.
Variable based on if "Cruise Only" or "Air Add-Ons" which will increase the taxes and also will be variable from cruisline to cruiseline based on itinerary.

Another question... are government fees a set rate? Or, are they variable too? Thanks.

They are totally variable. I have even seen them changed (increased) on the same ship and sailing, when someone books a cabin closer to the sailing date. For a 7 night sailing, usuallly range between $50-65 per person.

Archived