Am I cutting it a bit fine ??

We are going on our 2nd cruise, Mariner 22nd July,

We have booked an independant excursion with SXM Tours being brave on this because we are in port till 8pm, and to save money of course....

anyway the question is.....

has anybody used this company before ??

and

I have booked them to pick us up at 9am.... am I cutting it a bit fine, will we be able to get off the ship in time for this , never even thought about it until I had reserved it

I am finishing off a wedding cake, so I will check back in about 1/2 an hour

regards

wendy

x

Wendy,

first welcome to the boards. Which port are you talking about? Is it docked or tendered? What time is arrival time listed? As far as specifics about a certain tour vendor you might have better luck on the ports of call board for the actual port.

Sue

YIKES! re-read that. You're not in port till 8pm. You need to be onboard an hour before you pull away from the dock and I am anal, by a half hour before that. I've never missed a ship.

When you say, "finishing off a wedding cake" I am guessing you make them? Cause if it was me, that would mean I was in front of the tv, polishing the sucker off with a glass of ice water (I don't drink milk). What flavor? Got a photo? I love wedding cake. It's a serious flaw in my character and probably responsible for five hours on a treadmill a year (since I don't go to a lot of weddings).

We booked Bernard with SXM tours for our cruise last nov. for our day in St. Martin and he never showed up. Told us where to meet him at 9 am, we were there well before 9am, but no Bernard. We asked several people who knew who he was, but they could not find him, either. I know many have spoken very highly of him, so maybe our tour was just a fluke...maybe his alarm clock didn't go off! Just thought I would let you know our experience.

We were able to find another guide(Bob) who gave us an OK tour and he was cheaper than no-show Bernard!!! Enjoy your cruise!

LOL.......... hmmmmmm you are correct we are in port till 6....it's St Thomas that is till 8

told you.... it's a woman thing.... it's nearly midnight here, and my head is tired

the cake is carrot, fruit and sponge, and I don't know if I can post a picture.... never tried it yet !

255804554_winedrapes.jpg.3d9006e7ae60c32c74976fdc019a6f4c.jpg

that prolly won't work

wendy

Wow! That is a beautiful cake! Almost too pretty to eat. :p But carrot, fruit & sponge sounds too yummy to resist.

Good luck with your tour. But you really need to know what times you're in port to book independently. ;) :D

Rala..... Thanks for letting me know your experience.... if he doesn't show up, I certainly will let everyone here know about it lol

Aprille.... thank you, I'm actually sick of looking at cakes just now, it's wedding season over here, I just hope to get all the orders done then I can concentrate on packing.

Everyone else.... sorry for getting my times wrong, I have them sorted out now LOL.... I'm just gonny go wi' the flow, so to speak, I'm sure to find something to amuse us on our trip, it's such a long way from Scotland that I'm not letting "anything" spoil it

regards

wendy

LOL.......... hmmmmmm you are correct we are in port till 6....it's St Thomas that is till 8

told you.... it's a woman thing.... it's nearly midnight here, and my head is tired

the cake is carrot, fruit and sponge, and I don't know if I can post a picture.... never tried it yet !

[ATTACH]48540[/ATTACH]

that prolly won't work

wendy

That is very beautiful! Mom is a cake decorator as well. She is only new to the fondants. Can you recommend a rolled fondant that tastes good though? She has had no such luck.

Also are those fresh flowers or frosted? They look fresh but I'm curious?

rsscaptain.... I don't know what brands you get over there, I have been using "renshaws" roll out sugarpaste

or my other favourite is.... Scotts sugarpaste and it costs £8 for a 5kg box... which is roughly $16 in your money, but that box will cover a 4 tier cake and boards or at least 5 birthday/celebration cakes, and it tastes good, I don't know if you could have it shipped though I would need to look into it, I pick up the Scotts one as the factory is only 5 minutes away

the Renshaws one I have to order and pay for delivery

wendy

SIMPSONS.jpg.f32ea12878f3dd8f3403a8e3b1b4ea4c.jpg

DOH !!!!!

I knew I forgot the important bit lol (it's a woman thing !)

the port is Charlotte Amalie, St. Maartin

docked

arrival 8am

regards

wendy

I don't want to make things worse for you, but Charlotte Amalie is the port in St. Thomas. Phillipsburg is the port in St. Maarten. So, is your tour in St. Thomas or St. Maarten? See link below for more ...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000QxYU_I8eRJabSIQLDNWSKZ0:10ktdmlju?packageCode=MA07E006&date=20073&selectedCurrencyCode=&promoType=

And since you already saw the photos I posted of St. Maarten, I'll post my photos of St. Thomas here ...

WITW-II.jpg

St+Thomas+Harbor+-+stretch4.jpg

St+Thomas+IV.JPG

LOL Cruizer........ I'm such a dork..... I have my places sorted now

I shall start again

Charlotte Amalie... St Thomas 9am till 8pm, we're going to Coral World this day

Phillipsburgh.... St Maartin 8am till 6pm, hopefully SXM Tours (if they turn up LOL)

sorry.... I think I confused everyone else more than myself.... don't worry.

now what IS funny, I'm in charge of our party of 5 for the week in Florida, and the cruise, so god knows where we'll end up, but hey...... it will be an adventure LOL

wendy

rsscaptain...... everything on my cakes is hand-made, and edible wherever possible, the flowers tend to be on wires, but in effect would be edible, though a little on the hard side

wendy

You mean you spun those flowers on a pin? Amazing! You are extremely talented! Love it. :D

LOL rsscaptain.... I make every petal individually, then put them all together then colour them up and steam them, then they get taped together into a spray, posy or whatever

[ATTACH]48545[/ATTACH]

Wow! That's great! It's a dying talent around here. Mom makes beautiful flowers as well, but most of the wedding cakes we see around here are dressed with fresh flowers. I'll have to show her your work.

and on that note......... I am heading to bed as it's after midnight and I got deliveries tomorrow

rsscaptain... if you have any further questions, email me or add to this thread and I'll pick it up in the morning

Thank you everyone for the fast replies, it is very much appreciated, specially for one as dizzy as me LOL

take care everyone, happy cruising

goodnight

wendy

x

RSSCaptain,

I rarely see another Rhode Islander on these boards! Do you cruise in the bad New England weather months as I do?

There are a couple of us around here. Our first winter cruise from the north will be in December. We are a fishing family so yes, we are accustomed to the winter weather, but I don't like it on the big ships. Wanna come? ;)

Archived