Splenda

I know there have been questions about Splenda on RCI, so I thought I'd give an update for those cruising this summer. We just returned from the Serenade to Alaska and Splenda was available onboard. I did have to ask for it in the Windjammer every time I wanted it, but it was gladly given. In the dining room, I just had to ask the first night and it was on our table from then on. There were always plenty of pink and blue packets available, if that's what you like. Happy cruising. :)

This was a question that crossed my mind as I made my coffee this morning. I carry Splenda in my car in case I can't get it where I get my coffee in the mornings. :) Good to know they have it, but I'm sure I would have survived with the blue stuff. LOL

I wish I had known this when we were on the Mariner last week. I didn't see it so I thought they just didn't have it and didn't think to ask. It was out and available for all when we sailed on HAL last year.

YEAH FOR SPLENDA!!! :) :) :) :) :) I always carry some in my purse, my glove compartment of my car & my fiance's car & my desk at work! Now I don't have to worry about packing it in my suitcase! Phew!

I was told that the reason they do not put Splenda out is because the packets don't have Royal Caribbean on them like the others have.

I have always asked and they had Splenda except on The Voyager. :confused: I asked the first day in the Windjammer and was told they didn't have any. DR waiter also told me the same thing.

An interesting note for those that like to enjoy the "sugar free" desserts on board. They are not prepared with Splenda, but with Nutrasweet. I asked this on several of our cruises, as both my husband and I are allergic to anything containing Nutrasweet/Aspartame.

Also, we were told on Radiance, that Splenda is slightly more expensive than other sweeteners.

Archived