Beach Break

di43

We are going to be in Belize in July and do not want to do the cave tubing or zip line. We really want to just go to the beach. Does Carnival have an excursion that just does the beach. Also, does it leave right from the ship or would I have to tender to shore and leave from there?

We are going to be in Belize in July and do not want to do the cave tubing or zip line. We really want to just go to the beach. Does Carnival have an excursion that just does the beach. Also, does it leave right from the ship or would I have to tender to shore and leave from there?

We did the Beach thing with http://www.coralbreezetours.com (they were excellent) and had a blast! We hooked up with them right after you get off the tender at the Iguana???(can't remember exactly) in Belize City, within no time we were on their boat and heading to Caye Caulker, Belize. Oh my gosh, it was beautiful! No paved streets, no vehicles (maybe one truck?) We rented golf cart and drove around the small island, bought fresh cut pineapple from a lady with a cart on the side of the road, bought tamales from a guy selling them out of a cooler off the back of his bike (I know.... but they were sooooo good!) Went to the 'split' and swam. The boat left us there to take the ones who wanted to go to the reef and snorkle, then came back a couple of hours later, the snorkelers got off and had a few minutes to enjoy the island, use the restroom, order a drink or whatever then we all loaded back up and headed back to Belize City. I will never forget how pretty and non-commercialized Caye Caulker was and I want to go back.....some day :)

I will be glad to answer any more questions! Have fun!

We are doing the Beach Break through Carnival. They go to a private island called Barrister Island. Some friends had done this recently and raved about how great it was. You can find details on the Carnival website under excursions for Belize. Hope this helps.

We are doing the Beach Break through Carnival. They go to a private island called Barrister Island. Some friends had done this recently and raved about how great it was. You can find details on the Carnival website under excursions for Belize. Hope this helps.

We went to Bannister last Nov. Nice place. We booked through an independant at the tender pier. Prices ran from $38 to $50, depending on which tour you booked: Boat snorkel with or without gear or island loafing, etc..

If I book through Carnival do I still tender into Belize City or do I leave right from the ship? Thanks to all!

Not speaking from experience, just what I have read here - - you will tender right from the boat to the island. And apparently, this saves a lot of compared to a private tour company where you first tender into Belize City and then take a boat to the isalans. Vice/versa on the return.

• 2 weeks later...

How is the swimming at Caye caulker. We want to book through coral breeze, but some people dont plan to snorkel. I heard that the beach is full of vegetation and hard to get in to swim. Will they get bored waiting for the snorkelers to come back?

BANNISTER ISLAND

I'm writing to let you know what a great time we had with the crew from

Hammerhead. Mr. Big and James were great. They pointed out things and took

the time to explain any questions we had. Our group asked if we could skip

the manatee watch as it is not a good time of year to see them, so our crew

took us back out for more snorkeling. What a great group. It was amazing to

see them get as excited as us by the large schools of fish. It is easy to

tell they enjoy their jobs and teaching others about their country. I was

pleasantly surprised by this tour and would recommend it to everyone! Thanks

again for a great time.

Jeffery O.

Omaha, NE

Carnival Valor

June 11, 2007

mmerhead Sports.

How is the swimming at Caye caulker. We want to book through coral breeze, but some people dont plan to snorkel. I heard that the beach is full of vegetation and hard to get in to swim. Will they get bored waiting for the snorkelers to come back?

As you can see from some of our Caye Caulker photos, there is not much of a beach, we saw people laying out, tanning and we did see people swimming. In the 3rd photo you can see the water in the background and if I remember correctly that is where we stepped down into the swimming area. There were steps that led down into the water. I wish I had a better picture of that area for you. In the fourth photo, that is the area called the Split, there is a bar there and we saw a few snorkeling right around this area. The water was gorgeous. There are areas where there was a lot of vegetation as you can see in the first photo but it is beautiful place. We did not get bored, we just explored this wonderful place.

Have fun :D

1857348484_Cruise050.jpg.9fb0f47388cae96ec23f0ac121088398.jpg

367636328_Cruise066.jpg.88ba3a7849a44bf4a7185f1cfd6d8b7f.jpg

1110651619_Cruise065.jpg.f9cc86769f4c0be583bd414c5d4744e1.jpg

541478404_Cruise071.jpg.679cb4e3d74f633fa70d73582bcb9fa3.jpg

1826058390_Cruise056.jpg.9927b7aac8b29fd1d2d66fa71270b735.jpg

We did Bannister Island on our Miracle cruise in March 2006. It was a Carnival excursion (Private Island Beach Break); we were picked up by a tender right at the ship and taken to the Island ~ about 20 – 30 minutes by boat. There were other cruise lines there using the Island that day as well.

We had a fun day on Bannister Island. There is an open-air restaurant/bar with a roof. Clean bathrooms. Plenty of lounge chairs on the beach. The beach is nice, and there is a swimming area roped off that is good sized. Not terribly deep, we went all the way out to the ropes and the water was about neck-deep out there. The water was nice a warm. It was a little cloudy and windy the day we were there, but still nice.

Waitresses came by our lounge chairs and took orders of drinks and/or food all day and would bring it out to you in the lounge chair. We had some chicken strips that were quite tasty. The menu isn't huge, but they offer hamburgers, hot dogs, nachos, bar-b-q chicken, etc.

There are float mats that you can use for free. They have kayaks and paddle boats that you can rent, for an extra fee.

We enjoyed our day at Bannister Island very much! Happy cruising. :)

momofzeke,

We are considering doing this excurision through Carnival as well. I read somewhere that there is also a "children's area". Can you tell me what that consists of? Is there any trampolines in the water? Anything else other than the Kayaks and paddle boats?

Also, if anyone has any pictures of Bannister Island that you can post, we'd appreciate it.

Thanks..

Archived