Amsterdam & Dublin Hotel Advice

Hello,

I am looking to spend a couple of nights in Amsterdam and a couple of nights in Dublin on the back end of a Transatlantic cruise. I am interested in hotel advice for both of these locations. I would like to stay in a nice (but not overly expensive) hotel in a fun location. Preferably somewhere around $125 to $200 per night.

Does anybody have any feedback on these hotels and/or have recommendations not on my list?

Amsterdam:

1) Hotel Piet Hein

2) Golden Tulip Apollo Amsterdam

3) Eden Rembrandt Square Hotel

4) Bilderberg Hotel Jan Luyken

Dublin:

1) Morrison Hotel

2) Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley

3) O'Callaghan Alexander

Thanks for any advice.

Hello,

I am looking to spend a couple of nights in Amsterdam and a couple of nights in Dublin on the back end of a Transatlantic cruise. I am interested in hotel advice for both of these locations. I would like to stay in a nice (but not overly expensive) hotel in a fun location. Preferably somewhere around $125 to $200 per night.

Does anybody have any feedback on these hotels and/or have recommendations not on my list?

Amsterdam:

1) Hotel Piet Hein

2) Golden Tulip Apollo Amsterdam

3) Eden Rembrandt Square Hotel

4) Bilderberg Hotel Jan Luyken

Dublin:

1) Morrison Hotel

2) Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley

3) O'Callaghan Alexander

Thanks for any advice.

Re Amsterdam:

Eden Rembrandt Square is right in city-center at a busy location, surrounded by restaurants, bars, public transportation etc.

All others are around the Museums like Rijksmuseum and van Goghmuseum, more quiet, just outside city-center but easy to reach by public transport (or even walk).

All are well known hotels.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We stayed at the Victoria Hotel.

We didnt know what to expect and I was really nervous.

(never been out of the country before)

I wanted a safe place as well.

I booked it, then kept 2nd guessing my self.

The staff really went out of there way to help us.

It is such a nice hotel!!

It was a great location as well.

We had an awesome view too.

They arranged taxi service for us as well to the pier. They went outside and helped with the luggage. When the taxi couldnt fit all our luggage,they called for a van for us. It took just a few minutes.

They have a wonderful breakfast buffet in the resturant. (kinda pricy though)There is a resturant just outside the hotel and to the right. We ate there as well.

Highly recommend this hotel.

I worried for nothing! :)

We stayed at the NH city Centre this was a great location it is about half way between everything, the rooms are a little small but the location made up for it and it helped us get ready for the cruise. Great for walking to museums one way and Dam square the other way. If you are not into walking there is a tram station within 50 yards of the hotel out the front door through a alley to the right. I would also reccommend the Amsterdam pass it includes use of the trams and free admission to a lot of attractions, great deal.

Paul

When we were in Dublin last year we stayed at the Westin which is next to Trinity College. After we toured Ireland we returned and stayed at O'Callaghan - don't remember which one as there are 3 of them 1 block apart. The Westin was better located, but we liked the O'Callaghan much better and it was a better rate. Better hotel locations are south of the River Liffey. Don't know which side the Clarion is on.

Archived