meeting at the pier

Would it be difficult for a large group to find each other if we meet inside at the check-in area (Port Canaveral-Mariner OTS)? We will all be arriving around 11AM and from what I've read here, it's not that busy when it's early. Have to wait for the them, b/c some of the young kids are in cabins with other members of the party (arriving separately). I know the Miami check-in area had some chairs to sit and wait/fill out forms, etc. Don't know if the set up is the same for Port Canaveral. Thanks for your help.

Would it be difficult for a large group to find each other if we meet inside at the check-in area (Port Canaveral-Mariner OTS)? We will all be arriving around 11AM and from what I've read here, it's not that busy when it's early. Have to wait for the them, b/c some of the young kids are in cabins with other members of the party (arriving separately). I know the Miami check-in area had some chairs to sit and wait/fill out forms, etc. Don't know if the set up is the same for Port Canaveral. Thanks for your help.

It is a very different layout, but Port Canaveral has a nicer terminal and more seating than Miami. You should be able to find them fine, just go through security, go up the escalator to the upper floor and wait in one of the seating areas.

We're having the same problem, except with Miami. We are meeting up with friends at the terminal. We would meet at the airport, but we're flying into Miami and they're flying into West Palm and Fort Lauderdale. Don't know exactly how its going to work, we may just have to meet in the Windjammer.

If I have this right, you will have to wait outside because you must have everyone in a cabin go through security together. When I was on the Mariner I saw families outside waiting on dads to get back. The guy at the door checks to see if everyone is there.

There is a covered area that you can sit and wait, but you will be sitting on the ground.

Thanks everyone. Yes, we have to wait before boarding b/c some are sharing cabins. I think we'll take your suggestion KruzeRcI and tell everyone to head up the escalator and wait there. BTW, is the seating area near the check-in?

Thanks everyone. Yes, we have to wait before boarding b/c some are sharing cabins. I think we'll take your suggestion KruzeRcI and tell everyone to head up the escalator and wait there. BTW, is the seating area near the check-in?

In PC, yes. The chairs are right in front of and in full view of the top of the escalator AND the check-in desks.

Why not board the ship and meet on one of the decks or at one of the bars at a specific time? That way you'll be on the ship and can even find a place to relax while you wait for others.

I agree... the PC terminal is nice but as more and more people arrive, your group meeting outside the pier may clog things up for others... better to have everyone go through the check-in process and plan to meet onboard...

If I have this right, you will have to wait outside because you must have everyone in a cabin go through security together. When I was on the Mariner I saw families outside waiting on dads to get back. The guy at the door checks to see if everyone is there.

This is the first time I have ever heard anything like this. It doesn't make any sense. What if one of the people in your cabin couldn't make the cruise? Are you saying the other person(s) couldn't sail?

This just sounds very odd.

Theron

Archived