What to do in Portland, MN?

MLP12

We will be in Portland the end of June. What is there to do there? We will be in Bar Harbor the following day and plan to go to Acadia National Park, but haven't been able to find out anything about Portland. :confused: Where will we dock, etc.?

• 1 month later...

We have been to Portland Maine two times and for us there is not enough time to do everything. This last year we went on a city tour of Portalnd and i highly, highly recommend this tour. By the way the ships dock right in town so do not have to walk very hard. Anyway we did a tour that is called Mainely Tours. Their office is right on main street but I have the web site for you. It is www.mainelytours.com High recommend them.

Also we have taken the ships tour to Kennebunkport. Now that is town is ideal New England. It is so much fun to explore. Just do a search of Portland, Kennebunport or just Maine tours.

Marilyn

Isn't that funny..... I didn't even notice.... I guess because the post is under New England, and Minnesota is CERTAINLY not there!!! Thanks mii for the information. We're thinking of taking the Mt. Washington train so we can see much more of the New England countryside....

You might want to change the title of this post. The Portland you are speaking of is not in Minnesota.

LOL, I noticed that too. There is another thread on the New England board which also coincidently says Portland, MN that has a lot of good information on Portland. I know I have written a bunch in this thread over the last month or so. I have been there seriously more then 100 times since my parents live in that area 6 months out of the year and the rest in MA. The shops in Old Port are great, the Portland Market is incredible with vendors, food stalls, seafood, etc...Restaurants abound and there are great little island hops that you can book right at the pier. Have a great time in New England.

Archived