Which ship is best for a YOUNG child

Out of all the RCL ships that sail out of Florida is there one that you would say is the best for a 2 1/2 year old girl? My wife and I go on a cruise every year without our daughter but always hate that we miss her soo much! So we are thinking of booking a last minute cruise in August to take her on one with us. We always have sailed RCL so we want to look into their boats first. Thanks for any advice!

Out of all the RCL ships that sail out of Florida is there one that you would say is the best for a 2 1/2 year old girl? My wife and I go on a cruise every year without our daughter but always hate that we miss her soo much! So we are thinking of booking a last minute cruise in August to take her on one with us. We always have sailed RCL so we want to look into their boats first. Thanks for any advice!

At that age, she will be too young for the Adventure Ocean program and unless she is potty-trained, Public Health Service rules won't permit her to use the pools on any of their ships. RCI does offer a playgroup program that parents and their children who are under 3 can participate in. I know that this program is available on the Voyager and Freedom class ships, so you might look at them first.:)

Well since you mentioned the swim diaper thing- all the little children I saw had them on and no one took a bit of notice. On our week's cruise DVD they even show parents carrying toddlers around and into the water with diapers on,so I wondered if they had done something to the H2O zone to make it possible...... I read some time ago that they were planning some re routing of the water to enable this......?

Well since you mentioned the swim diaper thing- all the little children I saw had them on and no one took a bit of notice. On our week's cruise DVD they even show parents carrying toddlers around and into the water with diapers on,so I wondered if they had done something to the H2O zone to make it possible...... I read some time ago that they were planning some re routing of the water to enable this......?

No, it has nothing to do with the H20 zone. No one is suppose to be in any pool with diapers. That is just a case of the rule and LAW not being enforced. I will always say something to security and make sure the children are not allowed in the pool. It is a safety & health issue for all of us.

I have read on this board though that Disney has a water purification system in their pools which allows kids in diapers to get into pools. Also earlier this year cruisers on Freedom were posting that this same system would be in place soon. I don't know any more details than that,I just remember reading about it....

I have read on this board though that Disney has a water purification system in their pools which allows kids in diapers to get into pools. Also earlier this year cruisers on Freedom were posting that this same system would be in place soon. I don't know any more details than that,I just remember reading about it....

Disney has one pool dedicated to that so children can swim. And they have one for adults only as well. I think all cruise ships should have at least one pool for kids only, so the wee ones can swim. But I just prefer not to swim in a pool with kids in diapers.

I heard about Freedom class ships having a dedicated area in the H20 zone for the wee ones, and it was suppose to debut on Liberty. But as of yet, I am hearing that it is not in place. It was just suppose to be a small area of the H20 zone for kids, where the water would not mix with the rest of the area.

DISNEY, DISNEY, DISNEY! The little ones love seeing all the characters and getting their picture made with them or their autograph. Once they hit 3 they can go in the 3-5 kid program, which is great. They keep them entertained with sand castles and making flubber etc. Also, if you have time and $, spend 3 or 4 days at Disney World first at one of their resorts. They have character breakfasts with the children. A pass for all the parks for those days comes with the package. You can go out in the morning when it is cool, come back to the hotel for nap and lunch and pool. Go back to the park for evening dinner, fire works, and laser show. It is nice for you and the kids to get a break. They have rooms with kitchenettes or suites as well.

Archived