cruise geared toward a young crowd/couples

dannyt818

Hello. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a cruise geared more toward a young crowd or for young couples. My wife and I are young, 23 and 25, and always hope of meeting other young couples to hang out with on cruises. We always cruise RCCL and don't mind the crowd/other cruisers but the thought crossed my mind so I thought I'd post to see if anything is out there. Thanks!

I would have recommended RCI first and foremost for the great nightlife and choice of activities; also I realize they have become very family oriented and not as appealing to couples.

Perhaps one of the latest and greatest Princess ships? Crown and Emerald have a lot to offer and might be a good choice.

IME, cruises to the SOuthern Caribbean tend to attract more couples and fewer families.

Danny,

You sound a lot like my gf an I (23 and 26). We try to cruise 2 times a year and so far both have been western caribbean RCCL 7 night cruises (Mariner and Explorer). We've loved both of them, but like you, it can be a crapshoot finding people our age to hang out with. The first cruise we were lucky and had great tablemates that we did a lot around the ship with, the second cruise we were pretty much on our own.

Our next cruise in August we're likely going to try S. Carrib on Adventure of the Seas, Caribbean Princess Eastern (Balcony rooms are $700, Mini-Suites $900!!), or may even try a Carnival since they seem to have more varied itineraries in August.

Jim

I would try Carnival if I were you. My fiance and I just cruised the Carnival Miracle. I'm 21, and he's 24. Definitely a younger crowd. I would say that 75% of the ship was in our age group.

Good night life, lots of drinks and lots of parties. The Fun Ships. :D

Here are a couple of factors in additional the the ones other posted:

1. Length of the cruise - shorter cruises tend to have younger passengers. For example a 4 or 7 night cruise tends to have younger passenger than a two week cruise.

2. Time of the Year - during the summer months and over holidays (Spring Break) tend to have a younger crowd.

Archived