Cabin under the theatre on the Crown

lumpkin

I just noticed that my inside Crown quad cabin is directly under the theatre. As we booked this because it was the only affordable quad at the time, and there are no other quads available now (ship seems sold out) I am sure this is where we will be staying! Any thoughts on how noisy this will be at night or during the ealy AM, and what (if anything) can be done about it? (Earplugs are probably not possible due to medical issues.)

Thanks.

I just noticed that my inside Crown quad cabin is directly under the theatre. As we booked this because it was the only affordable quad at the time, and there are no other quads available now (ship seems sold out) I am sure this is where we will be staying! Any thoughts on how noisy this will be at night or during the ealy AM, and what (if anything) can be done about it? (Earplugs are probably not possible due to medical issues.)

Thanks.

Hopefully someone will post that has had that cabin. If you are directly below the stage I would think you would get noise not only from the sound system, but from the dancers during performance and practice.

I have no actual experience with ever being under the theatre.

I think this would be a mistake. One thing I noticed while on the Crown was there was little done for soundproofing the rooms. Nothing below or above a public deck or kitchen would be advised.

I might consider finding two cabins instead of a quad

Thanks.

We once had a cabin above the theater. No morning noise at all. During the late afternoon we could hear the rehearsals (if the TV in our room wasn't on). During the evening we were out and about the ship -- so noise from the theater shows wasn't a problem.

Archived