Is it true?

jerseygirl3

I'm trying to book a shore excursion online for my April 2008 sailing. When I couldn't, I called Carnival. They told me you can't book any shore excursions online until 6 months prior to the sailing. Is this true? She said I couldn't do it over the phone either until 6 months out.

I'm trying to book a shore excursion online for my April 2008 sailing. When I couldn't, I called Carnival. They told me you can't book any shore excursions online until 6 months prior to the sailing. Is this true? She said I couldn't do it over the phone either until 6 months out.

I believe that is true. But someone correct me if I'm wrong.

In theory yes, its true. But....I have seen them available for booking 250+ days in advance for certain ports of call.

You can visit http://www.carnival.com and browse through the shore excursions section online. Here you will find detailed information regarding the various shore excursions that may be offered at the destinations and ports your cruise visits. If you are within 180 days of sailing, have a valid booking number and have met all deposit requirements for each guest you will be booking shore excursions for, you may book online. Some excursions have a limited capacity so booking early may ensure that the excursions you want are available.

Well if that is what the Carnival Rep told you, then it must be true.

I was thinking..."Why did they ask us, if that is what Carnival Told them?" Man the power of these threads are unbelievable. If what CCers say over rides what Carnival says, can I get a big discount on my next cruise?

PLEASE?

I was thinking..."Why did they ask us, if that is what Carnival Told them?" Man the power of these threads are unbelievable. If what CCers say over rides what Carnival says, can I get a big discount on my next cruise?

PLEASE?

You can call Carnival 3 times about the same question and get a different answer each time. Most will say anything just to get you off the phone.

You can call Carnival 3 times about the same question and get a different answer each time. Most will say anything just to get you off the phone.
Very true! Unfortunately it seems that you can often get better information from Cruise Critic than you can by calling Carnival. :p

And yes, it's been our experience on recent cruises that shore tours were not available for booking until six months prior to the cruise. In some cases, they weren't even available for some ports until much closer to the cruise date.

Princess told us 90 days out, so 6 months out is pretty far out.

In my rather limited experience, I think that it depends on... well I'm not sure.:o I do know that for our upcoming cruise on the Legend, I completed booking 3 excursions online about a month and a half ago. And at this writing, I have about 181 days until the cruise, so I'm thinking the 6 month thing may not apply in all cases.

Well doesn't it say so on the website when you're attempting to book. I think they like you to wait incase there's an itinerary change. This way, if there is a change, it's less paperwork for them.

Actually, I didn't see anywhere on the website where it said that. In fact, it says if you've already made a deposit and are registered online, you can go ahead and book your excursion. That's why I called Carnival.

To the poster who chastised me for asking the question, my experience has been with all cruiselines (not just Carnival) that you can call them and depending on who you speak with, get several differing answers. Sorry if I bothered anybody by asking, but I've been a member of this site for many years, and I've patiently answered others questions, no matter how trivial they seemed. If I offended anybody, sorry, but as I said, I wasn't sure the information the Carnival rep gave me was correct.

Carnival was slow in going to the online pre booking. But, they seem to have done a great job of getting the info out farture out than the others.

Six months more or less. I have found they add the blue link to the port of call when avilable.

Archived