Free charm bracelet??

majosa

A friend of mine who has been on cruises in the past told me to make sure i get a charm from each port. They are free she said. Can anyone tell me if this true for Carnival? She mostly travels RCC.:confused:

Yes, Carnival participates. We had a certificate to go to the Diamond's International store to get the charm. Each port has a different charm that kind of signifies the Island. We did had the coupons on NCL too. They are actually sponsored by DI to get people into the stores but hey if they are free, take it!

Luanne

We were on the Destiny, Southern Carribean and got the bracelet free in St. Thomas. Then in Barbados abd Aruba we got charms,. All free. I got my St. Thomas charm on Ebay but you can get them for 5.00 in the same port as you get your bracelet but we didn't know that at the time. My plan is to get all the charms in each port. you will get a card with the bracelet that has all the ports that offer the charms. Each trime you get a charm, the card is punched or marked.

We were on the Destiny, Southern Carribean and got the bracelet free in St. Thomas. Then in Barbados abd Aruba we got charms,. All free. I got my St. Thomas charm on Ebay but you can get them for 5.00 in the same port as you get your bracelet but we didn't know that at the time. My plan is to get all the charms in each port. you will get a card with the bracelet that has all the ports that offer the charms. Each trime you get a charm, the card is punched or marked.

I just got my bracelet and first charm from Diamonds International in Puerto Vallarta last week ($5 for first charm) and then free charm in DI Cabo San Lucas. However, I did not get any card with either the bracelet or charms that required punching or marking. The bracelet came with a DI charm which I guess is proof of origin.

You can also buy the complete bracelet on the DI website. That's what I did, because I knew there were a few of the ports I would never get to. I still collect the charms at each port though for my "starter" bracelet. Just be careful...after a while, my wrist developed the oddest color of green...:eek:;)

I remember getting my Diamonds International charm bracelet when on my last cruise in 2005. (I even remember them telling me it was a "real diamond" in the charm -- looked like a piece of dirty glass, but "real," nonetheless.) I think it'll be fun to try to collect the other charms, but I've yet to. I have yet to wear it, either. Oh well.

Just be careful...after a while, my wrist developed the oddest color of green...:eek:;)

A free tattoo with my free bracelet, huh? ;)

xoxo

Maggi

The bracelet and charms used to be free and the bracelet still is; however, Diamonmds International has started charging $5 for the first charm which comes with a piece of paper listing all the ports. Once you have a charm you just have to show the bracelet with charms or the piece of paper at each new port and they will give you that port's charm for free.

to my Gal pal since kindergarten (we r retired now)..as her name is Diane..She loves it..I have so many, I use them to extend gold tone costume necklaces, connect them if necessary, shorten if need be. Soon I will have enuff to make a nice gold tone necklace, sans DI charm. So DI is always a destination at each port for me.

• 2 months later...

I have bunches of those charms on a few bracelets. That sucker tarnished up quite quickly! without ever being worn:o !

It was kind of fun collecting them, but it is just junk and I think I will resist the urge in the future. I sort of feel like a fool now, the DI people acted like it was such a big deal:cool: .

I enjoy collecting the charms also. I received the card with all the ports listed when I got my bracelet, believe it was on my Mariner cruise. Fun thing is Las Vegas is listed also! Picked up my charm at the DI store located in the Rio last year in Vegas. Not exactly great quality but fun nonetheless to have them :)

• 5 months later...

I know this is a really old thread, but I wanted to add my recent experience. I have been collecting the DI bracelet since my cruise 11/06 on Destiny. The charm bracelet is cheap and the gold does come off pretty quickly but this is a fun memento of my cruise experiences. This month my Aruba charm broke and I emailed DI to see if I could get that charm replaced. They advised me to use the Free Charm Offer to obtain a replacement charm and this is the response I received:

If you were on a cruise and you missed collecting specific individual charms we will send up to two charms at no cost. Please see below for instructions on how to redeem this special offer.

If you would like to order more than two charms, they are available at a cost of $5.00 each with a $3.45 shipping charge. If you are shipping outside the U.S. there is a $7.45 shipping charge. Please click here to purchase individual charms http://www.shopdi.com/charms.

FREE CHARM OFFER

To order up to two free charms (U.S. only):

Please send us a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a note indicating the charms requested to:

DI Charm Request

38 West 48th St

7th Floor

New York, NY 10036

Only one request per household will be honored. Please allow 7-10 business days for your order to be shipped.

Please note: We do not accept orders for individual charms by phone.

I have bunches of those charms on a few bracelets. That sucker tarnished up quite quickly! without ever being worn:o !

It was kind of fun collecting them, but it is just junk and I think I will resist the urge in the future. I sort of feel like a fool now, the DI people acted like it was such a big deal:cool: .

Finally ... someone that shares my thoughts. I got the charm bracelet but would never wear it in public.... gave it to my daughter and she rolled her eyes.

Archived