How Crowded is Sea Grape/7 Mile Beach?

angelcakes

Was trying to decide between this and Rum Point which is know is definately quieter and more peaceful. Seve Mile is closer to Port so less hassle -- but some pics I've viewed show the shore line just lined up with beach chairs. If we get there after snorkling and want to lay down a blacket -- I think we will be behind a bunch of rental chairs and not see the shore line.

Is this the case --- are the less crowded areas on Seven Mile Beach??

LORI

I haven't been there yet myself but had researched Sea Grape and it sounded pretty good. Then we got our Caribbean Princess excursion brochure yesterday, and most of the beach tours end up at Sea Grape. So I'd think it would be really crowded. Hope someone else who's been there recently can fill us in.

Went to Seven Mile Beach years ago and loved it....not crowded at all, but the last time I went it was awful! You couldn't even move it was so crowded! You could reach out and the beach chair next to you! Would not go back again!:mad:

Mostly it depends on how many ships are in port with you. If it's one of those 7 or 8 ship days, I just stay on board. Actually, the beach next to Seagrape is generally less crowded. It is in front of the Courtyard Marriott. All the taxi drivers seem to want you to get out at Seagrape. Just tell them Courtyard. It's only about 2 blocks further. You can rent chairs and umbrellas there as well. And last time we were there about 2 years ago, your chair rental included either a soda or bottled water. You can check for ships in port with you on cruisecal.com.

I was figuring we could do just that -- are there other place to rent chairs or do I need to bring a blanket along? I want us to have some good beach time and if we decide to go to Rum Point we will only have a little over an hour and the added worry or getting through traffic to make the tender boat. My hope was to do the rays and snorkling in the am and then have 2-3 hours in the sun/sand on Seven Mile Beach. I just hate it when a beach is just lined up with plastic chairs and you don't get to see the shoreline unless you got a chair out there at 7 am.

I'd then have to settle for Rum Point and only A little bit of beach time.

Just want to know if we have options.

LORI

We did Seagrape in Oct '06. It was crowded on the beach. We arrived after we snorkeled at Eden Rock. We were on the 2nd or 3rd row of beach lounge chairs. We enjoyed floating in the water.

How was the snorkeling at Eden Rock? That is what we have decided to do but was wanting a little input. My BF used to dive quite often but myself, daughter and son will be tagging along to snorkel. Would really love any and all advice you could offer!!!

Thanks a bunch!!!!

Karen

We just got back from the Cayman Island and did the 7 Mile Beach/Sea Grape excursion. Sea Grape slopes very much and the sand is full of stuff that falls off the trees. It was not worth what we paid and after about 15 minutes we caught a ride back to the pier and went shopping. Thought the beach was dirty and the water was not a pretty blue. From what we could tell the public beach looked a lot better. This is our 2nd trip to Grand Caymen and we didn't like it any better than the first time. Several other people left the beach with us because they were dissappointed also. We don't plan to visit there again.

We went to SeaGrape in March after snorkeling at Eden's Rock. There were no chairs left but able to put down our towels right in front. All the chairs were not taken but it was not that crowded. The beach was beautiful and the water was so blue.

Archived