Maasdam - this week

Krazy Kruizers

Tomorrow is a day at sea and Monday is to be in Martha's Vineyard....slightly south of Boston.

If Charley heads to New England as predicted (and now we are hearing will still have tropical storm winds), then it is hard to imagine Maasdam would not be rocking around a bit unless the course is greatly changed.

Of course, the Captain will never put his pax, his crew or his ship at risk.

If the ship left Boston to-day they couldn't possibly be in Quebec City on Sunday. Their schedule is Bar Harbour Sun;Halifax, Mon; Sydney, Tues.; Charlottetown, Wed., cruising the Saguenay, Thurs.; Quebec City, Friday and Montreal Sat.

The Canadian weather network is showing showers for Halifax on Monday and scattered showers for Sydney for Tuesday.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/

They could run into some rough seas, but one just doesn't know.

Sail - I don't know what itinerary you are looking at but the itinerary on HAL's web site for August 14th shows the above ports and Martha's Vineyard is not included.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/dest/itinerary.do?selectedItin=2004081404MABM00002353&dest=055000

I certainly hope Maasdam is headed toward Montreal as that's where we will board her a week from today. :)

Esme is right -- Maasdam will not be in Quebec City tomorrow (Sunday). Rather, the schedule calls for her to stop there on a different Sunday -- 8/22, on her way back to Boston next week.

I suspect she may run into rough seas tomorrow as we are under a tropical storm watch on coastal New England. Then again, as Esme said, one never knows.

She has started the new itinerary. We did the itinerary she did all spring and summer which had her at sea on Sunday and Martha's Vineyard on Monday. (It was a great itinerary IMO :) ) A great cruise.

ESME

I did not say Quebec City - I said ( and reread my first post) - Quebec Province.

And then she goes into the Maritime Provinces.

Oh, phooy - I was going to post something then thought why argue with an American about my own country. :rolleyes:

And by the way I did read your post.

Archived