Could the corkage fee on Disney work for RCL?

Seems high to me, but it would still be worth it. Might be a way to make everyone happy. I heard RCL used to have a corkage fee and discontinued it. Anyone know why?

This is from the Disney board....so they still have it in place

"You can bring your own bottle of wine to the dinner table But,they will charge you $17.25 ($15.00 Corkage fee and $2.25 Tip)"

This way folks who wanted a particular bottle of wine could bring their own. I know I think the selection is limited and would bring my own at times.

It's only $10.00 on Princess. I think RCCL is dropping the ball on this one. I assumed ( you know what they say about assuming) RCCL was the same as Princess when I booked the Explorer and found out after that they don't have that choice, so it's back to Princess for me next cruise.

They dropped the corkage fee after the honeymooner Smith went overboard a couple of years ago after drinking large amounts of booze brought on board. That and another case about the same time was the last straw to try to keep people from drinking too much and RCCL being blamed.

Archived