Solstice-Captain's Club

jackdiamond

Hi Everyone !

Nothing here (as of 10:10 am EST), However, I always have problems getting email from Celebrity. I hope today is the day it works :)

My wife just got off the phone with X and the Captain's Club lady who had to check with her super only to learn that "they are putting together some information for the team." Yoicks! Do ya think they could have waited a little longer to get their act together?:(

No, but if there are GOOD deals when they do come out, we will book. If not, will book M class or RCL Voyager class.

Good news is we will book a cruise! :)

Interesting comment, "RCL Voyager class. " . How is the Voyager class ship compared to Celebrity. I was on the Empress of The Sea in May, and if that is an example of RCI , no thank you. The service was not good, the dining room had a lot to be desired. Portofino's was great, it was more like Celebrity. But I much rather the entire enviroment on board Celebrity. I remember asking the celebrity the difference between celebrity and RCI's 5 star ships they told me not much. But that is hard to believe.

Let's hope Celebrity comes out with an announcement this afternoon.

I don't think I would be holding my breath for any GOOD Deals... I fugure they are going to try and bring up the price for the Caribbean by bringing in the new ship so be prepared for higher prices...

I don't think I would be holding my breath for any GOOD Deals... I fugure they are going to try and bring up the price for the Caribbean by bringing in the new ship so be prepared for higher prices...

Hi Moeve !

With Celebrity's diminished presence in the Caribbean, and the probability of a big demand for Solstice, I expect both of those factors to mean much higher prices, at least for the first few months of her sailings. Hopefully, prices will simmer down once she has completed her initial sailings.

Voyager class is, I would guess a little bit larger than Solstice class. It is a great class of ship and we have sailed on the class a few times and love it. Never been on Empress of Sea, so I cannot comment, but would say that I have heard people not liking Celebrity also.

Our favorite is Adventure of the Seas partly due to the itineray, which is Southern Caribbean. Mariner is much newer and now heading to west coast starting in 2009.

As to deals, we got a great deal of Freedom when its pricing first came out. I had a balcony cabin on deck 9 on the bubble for $940. I try to get under $125/day and I am flexible because of that goal. I have paid almost $200/day on some of the exotics for a balcony.

Archived