Thanks for your Prayers... Bombero

bombero

I want to thank you all for your prayers.. It's been a rough few days since I signed off, seems more like a week ago.. The eye missed our house by about a mile and a half. By all rights we shouldn't be here now, but through all your prayers, God spared us and our home... Not a scratch... But, please continue to pray for those just up the road from us that were far less fortuneate.. Thanks again Amigos... Bombero

I'm so glad to hear your O.K. I drove down Interstate this morning and it was the most unbelievable sight I've ever wittnessed! I saw some of Andrews devastation but it was a much tighter area. The Tampa Bay area was spaired again. I hugged my children so long this morning they must have thought I was nuts. steve:p

Glad you are safe and sound! Sounds like God was watching out for you as well as Sue, seeing as how nothing was damaged for either of you!

Good luck to you and yours and your community getting everything back together, it should be a long process but sounds like you guys lucked out and won't have much to do!

Glad to hear you're safe! Prayer is one powerful deal isn't it?

I want to thank you all for your prayers.. It's been a rough few days since I signed off, seems more like a week ago.. The eye missed our house by about a mile and a half. By all rights we shouldn't be here now, but through all your prayers, God spared us and our home... Not a scratch... But, please continue to pray for those just up the road from us that were far less fortuneate.. Thanks again Amigos... Bombero

So glad you are safe. Prayer is amazing:) Thanks for checking in!

I am so glad that you are OK! :) I've been thinking of and praying for all of our FL CC members. On my Sept. 4 CB thread we still have no word of two of our fellow cruisers who live in the area of the damage. Cruisin Lizzy (Lazy Lizzy) and Todd in Cape Coral, we hope the two of you are OK!!!!!!

So relieved to hear that you weren't hit and that you and the family are safe.

I know that some other's were looking for you on another thread as well.

I'll post there that you've reported in.

Hope this next hurricane dies out before it reaches us here on the Gulf Coast.

After the last day or so, and a fairly shocking trip through Port Charlotte, the most current report I've heard is that High pressure over the state should keep Earle tracking west (presently following Charley's track).

Let's hope, and Look out Texans.

Thanks for posting and letting us know you're okay. Very happy to hear you were spared from the worst of it, althought it is going to be a long time before your community is back to normal. Our prayers continue to be with you.

TinaLee

We hope that the relief continues pooring into the Punta Gorda area. They will be with out power for a long time yet to come. We were very fortunate here in Tampa.

Orlando area residents have also had a tough go at it due to uprooted trees. Over 500,000 people in the area remain with out power this morning and it could be saturday before all is restored.

We wish them a speedy recovery.

Our maiden cruising voyage was last week. We were aboard the Caribbean Princess ready for a Friday visit to Princess Cays. At approximately 8:30 AM the captain announced that the winds were too strong for passengers to board the tenders. We had another day at sea.

What time did the hurricane touch down?

My prayers are with you and others in your area.

Laraine

Thank you all so very much for your prayers and good wishes. We made it through Charley safely, but had a lot of downed trees, missing shingles and no a/c. That has been the hardest to take due to 92 degrees and high humidity but, we're glad we got through it safely. Our power came on last night and the house is starting to cool off, so now it's back to my usual routine on hopping on line as I count down to our C.P. cruise in October.

Special thanks to the wonderful people who were concerned about it....you are all great!!

Archived