items that are a must

may sound silly to most of you but i NEVER EVER leave home without a small fan for the bed side table...after sleeping for years with a ceiling fan on high year round, it is a must for me!!!

-if taking kids, two way radios

-i am printing out family and friends addresses on labels for sending post cards home...this way i don't have to hand write them...anything to save time

check out anne's website...she's got it down pat!!! she has helped me organize for our first upcoming trip...

http://www.prucha.com/modules.php?name=Cruise_Mania

;)

oops...forgot to add....yes, i have forgotten the bedside fan before and we have found the nearest walmart so i have about 4 for them on hand!! ha ha ha...

after the DRAMA that we had yesterday,,,double check your birth certificates...we do no have passports so taking birth certificates...i had certified copies but not STATE CERTIFIED COPIES....THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE AND A PAIN TO GET WITHIN A SHORT TIME!!!!

DOUBLE CHECK YOU BIRTH CERT'S IF NOT TAKING PASSPORTS.

The sunscreen was in our checked baggage not our carryons since they were over 3 ounces. I know of no restriction on aerosols in checked baggage, I just checked United's website and they are not on the list. We had all cans in one bag along with a can of air freshener and all made it through with no problems. Where did you see the restriction? My guess is that it had to do with things being carried on the plane

Here is an excerpt on what not to bring onboard a plane - the website said to check with your individual carrier:

Some items should not be carried on an aircraft in either carry-on or checked baggage because of the danger they represent for the passengers and crew. Many of these items are commonly used at work or in the home, but may become a hazard in flight due to changes in temperature and pressure that can cause items to leak, generate toxic fumes or start a fire. Some exemptions are allowed for medical devices and personal care items. If in doubt, check with your air carrier.

Gases and Pressure Containers: Flammable aerosols like hair spray, spray paint, or insect repellant; carbon dioxide cartridges, oxygen tanks (scuba or medical), mace, tear gas, pepper spray, self-inflating rafts, and deeply refrigerated gases such as liquid nitrogen

Flammable Liquids and Solids: Gasoline, propane, butane, and other fuels; lights with flammable reservoirs, matches, flammable paints, paint thinners, some cleaning solvents, some adhesives, cigarette lighters, and lighter fluid. As of 10 August 2006, all liquids and gels are banned from carry on baggage, but many liquids and gels including personal care items containing flammable liquids such as perfume may be carried in checked baggage.

I just checked united's website...they allow aerosols in the checked in luggage....so i guess it does depend on the carrier...

As I asked before, what site are you quoting? We checked both United's site and the TSA site prior to flying so I know what was allowed. The TSA site clearly states that aerosols are allowed. What site is it that you are quoting? Here is the TSA link http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm#0

Just kidding, Emi's Mom, because I lost a very special pair of sunglasses on my last cruise. I know now to take a few pair of cheaper ones that I don't mind losing. Have a nice day. :D

My DW finds hers every night on the towel animal when we come in from dinner!

2834175980039822749fyxfiB_th.jpg

What is the difference in certified and state certified?

a certified copy can be done by a notary, court house, anyone with a seal....

a state certified copy has to come from the office of vital statistics (spell?) in the same state that the birth certificate was issued!!! for example i was born in mississippi,,,the copy that i have always used is certified copy with a seal on it from somewhere in louisiana....i had to contact the mississippi state of vital statistics in jackson mississippi (capital building) and have them over night me a state certified copy...

when i got it, it is on white/cream colored paper with the blue and black formal trim all around the edge that you feel raised with the state of ms seal on it....

dave, jump in now if you can help explain this better...

i did talk with my TA and she said that if i did not have a passport i had to have the state certified copy....

let me know if this doesn't help and maybe i can give you more info....BUT DOUBLE CHECK WHAT YOU HAVE....

Bungee Cords! We were told to bring them for our first cruise. We had a balcony so we figured if nothing else, we could run the cord through our swim suits and let them dry safely on the balcony. Turns out the first night was a bad storm (70MPH winds) and the hangers in the closet were swinging and making a racket. Hubby got up and wrapped the clothes/hangers with the bungee and we didn't hear another sound from them.

Erika

1. Aloe, (often the sunscreen misses spots)

2. Underwater/waterproof cameras

3.Benadryl(who knows what new stuff one might be allergic to)

4.water shoes(if exploring unchartered waters or on slippery boats)

5. Picture ID for all parties and birth certificates(my husband changed wallets once and forgot his driver's license-pre 9/11)

Archived