Past Guest Party: non-alcholic frou frou drinks

kroppinkris

I was probably not paying a lot of attention, but I don't recall seeing anything like the "Drink of the Day" (hurricane glasses, etc.) at any of the PG parties. All I've noticed have been hiball glasses, wine glasses, like that.

I'm sure they would make some ShirleyTemples or something similiar for your kiddies. Just ask a waiter - or go to the bar that's set up in that room and ask. Enjoy!:)

Yes, they can get a shirley temple or something along those lines... I don't think in most places you are going to see the frozen blended drinks, and most of the drinks they are going to be fixing at the PG parties would be useless without alcohol (rum and coke, minus the rum ;) LOL) But they can get whatever they want within the limits of what they can make there...

I'm pretty sure they had some NA drinks on the tray, but they weren't foo foo drinks. The easiest way to get the drink/s of your choice is to go to the bar and order them yourself (be sure to tip a little). Sometimes the waiters will take a special drink order and sometimes they won't.

John

They have a great non-alcoholic punch at those parties. It's pinkish in color and is a mix of something or other. It will be in the glasses where there is paper at the end of the straw. Kind of a tart/sweet drink....I suspect the same mix has alcohol added to it too, but my knowledge of named drinks is limited so I can't say what it would be.

I'm pretty sure they had some NA drinks on the tray, but they weren't foo foo drinks. The easiest way to get the drink/s of your choice is to go to the bar and order them yourself (be sure to tip a little). Sometimes the waiters will take a special drink order and sometimes they won't.
You can't always go up to the bar -- sometimes the party is held in the main show lounge. If not, the waiters will absolutely bring you non-alcoholic drinks -- either soda, Shirley Temple or some type of punch.

Sometimes the waiters will take a special drink order and sometimes they won't.

John

Precisely! There have been times when we have been able to order something different and times that we have been told that we were limited to what they were serving.

Precisely! There have been times when we have been able to order something different and times that we have been told that we were limited to what they were serving.
We have never been told that; it's amazing how far a small tip will go. ;) On the other hand, I drink champagne which is always readily available. But when our youngest son has been with us, they've always brought him what he asked for.

I cant wait to go to the bar and order something other than what they had on the trays. All those drinks are what I had already the previous 3 days (drinks of the days). I will take a little cash along and get some decent drinks. That is the only time we drink alcohol sad isnt it?

We have never been told that; it's amazing how far a small tip will go. ;) ..............
Last year on the Valor our favorite drink waiter from the Lido deck (Sergey) was working both parties (Captains and Past Guest). As soon as he saw us, and noticed we had some of the tiny drinks from the standard tray, he brought us over two each of our favorite drinks (Miami Vice's for me and Pina Colada's for DW). So yes, taking care of your favorite drink waiter does pay off!

John

They have a great non-alcoholic punch at those parties. It's pinkish in color and is a mix of something or other. It will be in the glasses where there is paper at the end of the straw. Kind of a tart/sweet drink....I suspect the same mix has alcohol added to it too, but my knowledge of named drinks is limited so I can't say what it would be.

I also enjoy this drink.

Archived