mafig and bomero

verwirrt

Bomero checked in I think from his brotherinlaws but damage is unkown. I think it was on "Its time to pray". Sorry for the misspelling...

This was the last post I saw between Kruisey and Flacrusrs:

" Worried about you.Sue Miller has been in touch with someone by phone and is OK.

Let us know how you are coping...if you have any electricity.

Sending you and your family warm wishes......Love Kruisey."

It was on a Sea Princess Rollcall

has checking in they are safe and their home was undamaged. More prayer's answered . . .

Both Lee and Charlotte county's are without utilities in certain area's. Hoping that is why we haven't heard from the other's.

The electricity is starting to come back on all over the affected area tonight.

Maybe we'll hear from them soon.

Now if we can dodge this next hurricane headed to the Gulf Coast.

hugger said:

"
does anyone know where Flacrusrs and Mafig live?"

==========================================

mafig said to Sue on August 13th, 2004, 10:00 AM in another thread:

"Light rain here in Punta Gorda. We are on a canal. Our elevation is 9.2. So we will be cutting it close with the storm surge. "

======================================

This is the message that concerns me. She was in Punta Gorder, on water at the wrong time.:(

b/c her last post was at 7 something the morning of the hurricane. I am betting that she decided to leave while the getting was good. Although I am very sad that she may not have a home to go back to I think the fact that we didn't hear from her all day on Friday is a good thing. :)

I've not been active on the boards lately - and I'm not terribly likeable anyway. I know that there are Punta Gorda posters... across the harbor as it were from Englewood/Cape Haze. They took a powerful right hook to our relatively docile jabbing left.

Before you get too concerned, give'm some time. They are largely without utilities (PCs need electricity). The storm eye was originally projected to go to St. Pete/Tampa, it then slid east and was an Englewood bullseye in its pass over Sanibel. During the last 1/2 hour it did a metereologically interesting jog through Gaspirilla Pass (by Bushy Boca Grande) and its force edge was North-North East and Eastward. As close as Englewood/Cape Haze was to the eye (3-10 miles), we were largely spared in the lee of the 'cane (we saw maybe 100 mph winds).

PG was nailed - HARD. If the CC'ers were not in a mobile home park though then they were not likely personally injury prone. They may well have lost their roofs or homes altogether though. SO, don't get too alarmed - but recognize the SERIOUS infrastructure damage present (public and private).

If a poster was a hit specific property victim then it will be weeks or more before they are up and running, pray for the injured, and especially the rustic less media covered victims of DeSoto and Hendry counties. Contribute to Florida directed Red Cross initiatives, thanks.

Archived