Fish and chips on QM2

Vic The Parrot

I recall ernie (or someone else) mention the fish and chips in the pub. Are they available on the cabin service menu, AND...

are they just as tasty as those served on QE2?

Yes folks, the fish and chips always make my journeys on board a Cunard ship! LOL I consider it to be a special treat, and it's always something I look forward to.

:-D

Yes, the QM2 does serve fish and chips in the Golden Lion pub during lunch hours (usually 12 noon till 3 PM on the days they served lunch...check your daily program because they only served on certain days of our cruise). They are not available on the room service menu. I had lunch in the pub, but did not order the fish and chips. I had the steak and mushroom pie instead, which was yummy. Make sure and have lunch at least once in the pub. It seemed to be a fairly well kept secret, at least on our cruise, so its not crowded.

Enjoy your cruise.

Hi,

On the 4-16 crossing they had Fish & CHips (with Mushy peas) every day. Also, I was on the 3 nt Mother's Day Cruise and they had them on 2 of the days that I went to the Pub. They are better then the QE2's and its a lot of fun eating in the Pub. Great atmosphere and very authentic.

Bon voyage.

Vic:

If you want to avoid the crowd, go a little later. We went at 2:15 or 2:30 and our F&C's were out, piping hot, in about 5 minutes. We had stopped in around noon and the place was packed.

Russ

Hi Vic,

When are you going and what cat did you book.

Also, be sure to try the alternate restaurants. I loved La Piazza...that was my favorite and I also really liked the Carvery. My husband loved Lotus. What's nice is that if you are more than 1 person, and you can't decide where to eat (husband wants Asian, wife wants Italian) it doesn't matter which of the three you dine in. You can get the menus from the other restaurants and order from those. We dined in Lotus one night and husband had Asian, 13 year old had Roast Beef & Yorksire Pudding (from Carvery) and I had Italian.

Bon voyage....

That's something I had not heard of before - that you could order from the 'other' menus while eating in Lotus. Nice, but somehow defeats the purpose of having the various and separate venues, doesn't it??

I corroborate with Russ. The pub grub in the Golden Lion was excellent.

Vic:

If you want to avoid the crowd, go a little later. We went at 2:15 or 2:30 and our F&C's were out, piping hot, in about 5 minutes. We had stopped in around noon and the place was packed.

Russ

Hi DocM3,

ACtually it does not defeat the purpose and it gives people a chance to try a restaurant that normally their traveling partners may not want to try because they don't like that cuisine. My son hates Asian, but we were able to dine there and have the experience and he was able to eat something he likes since he could order from the menus of one of the other restaurants. You are still in a lovely alternative restaurant, it may not be the one that the official menu is from. IN any case they are all great.

Bon voyage

Archived