How "Last Minute" Can you book?

Hi all, I was wondering, how last minute will they accept passengers on a ship. DH and I are not sure if we will get the chance this summer, but if we get an opening, we would like to see if we can hop a cruise maybe 2 weeks in advance, or who knows, can it be done even closer to sailing?Thanks!

We booked our first cruise something like 8 days before sailing - and we even had documents before we sailed. I've seen sailings being sold up to about three days before departure. Two weeks should be more than enough - have fun!

I have booked people on Monday to sail on Thursday, so 2 weeks should be no problem.

I have heard of people who have booked the night before a cruise. I used to think that the cruiselines needed to have a manifest complete 72 hours prior to departure, but upon further reading, they need to have a complete manifest in place for Homeland Security 72 hours prior to ARRIVING BACK in the U.S. That being the case, you could book the day of the cruise, if there was room and the cruiseline allowed it.

We had friends book in the wee hours of the morning (2am) on embarkation day! 2 weeks will be plenty of time, as long as the ship isn't sold out. You may not have your choice of cabin, though.

We had friends book in the wee hours of the morning (2am) on embarkation day! 2 weeks will be plenty of time, as long as the ship isn't sold out. You may not have your choice of cabin, though.

I have booked people on Monday to sail on Thursday, so 2 weeks should be no problem.

I have heard of people who have booked the night before a cruise. I used to think that the cruiselines needed to have a manifest complete 72 hours prior to departure, but upon further reading, they need to have a complete manifest in place for Homeland Security 72 hours prior to ARRIVING BACK in the U.S. That being the case, you could book the day of the cruise, if there was room and the cruiseline allowed it.

I was expecting the usual incorrect information on this subject, but looks like the C-C group has been learning over the past few years. Good job folks! I'm one of those who has booked the night before a cruise.

Kurbanfan, the PR locals just loved telling us how they each paid less than $200 for their cruise, and their kids paid $99 for 3/4th rate.

I wish Carnival would call us with great last minute specials!! We have a few FF flier flights saved up, too, it would be great to book a cruise last minute, throw our stuff in a suitcase and GO.

We sailed on the Costa Atlantica from Ft. Lauderdale, and our friends brother, who drove us to the port, inquired about sailing with us, since the ship wasn't full. He obviously got the price he wanted, so he drove back home and packed, took a cab back to the ship, and sailed with us..........

We almost always book no further out then a month. Our last cruise was booked a week and a half and we have booked 2 days before. We have done this because of the unbeliebable prices we have been given. Our last cruise was 5 nights, started out at $199 for Riviera deck inside cabin and by the time we left we paid $149 giving us the $40 OBC and bumped us up to highest level outside cabin. We figiured we can't live at home for $30 a day so off we went!

I booked Paradise on the phone with carnival on a wednesday night, and hopped aboard on friday morning. When you get to port, no docs obviously, but give your name and booking number, they will look at thier manifest and see you name and then your on.

Hi all, I was wondering, how last minute will they accept passengers on a ship. DH and I are not sure if we will get the chance this summer, but if we get an opening, we would like to see if we can hop a cruise maybe 2 weeks in advance, or who knows, can it be done even closer to sailing?Thanks!

Ok, I booked my parents cruise through Carnival 1 week ahead (This was last March before they had E-ticketing). My mom's a platinum cruiser and my Dad's been on 5 or 6. When we got up to the boarding person the started getting an attitute. Said my parents needed to fill out all this stuff and why didn't their TA tell them about it and they would have to go through the line again. I had just gotten myself through and heard this. Walked over to her and politly informed her that I'd booked the tickets through Carnival's 800 number and nothing about the forms was mentioned. She took 2 minutes and put in some more info and bam! They got their boarding passes no problems. That was the only problem they had the entire trip. The cabin was even decorated for them.

David

Archived