How "Last Minute" Can you book?

RebelJohn it's only 9am and I WANT that Mojita in your avatar, pretty please? ;)

You'll have to go to Cozumel to get it...........photo taken at the Havana House a few years back...........sounds like a good excuse to book a cruise to Cozumel.......

I wish Carnival would call us with great last minute specials!! We have a few FF flier flights saved up, too, it would be great to book a cruise last minute, throw our stuff in a suitcase and GO.

These days I bet you have a better chance of getting on the cruise than a last minute FF ticket! :eek: Of course, miracles do happen even in this day and age but I think the earth might move under your feet if you get lucky on airline tickets! :D

Hi all, I was wondering, how last minute will they accept passengers on a ship. DH and I are not sure if we will get the chance this summer, but if we get an opening, we would like to see if we can hop a cruise maybe 2 weeks in advance, or who knows, can it be done even closer to sailing?Thanks!

I got a call a few months ago asking if I could sail in a few hours.I was called at 1pm.I live near the port.

Hi all, I was wondering, how last minute will they accept passengers on a ship. DH and I are not sure if we will get the chance this summer, but if we get an opening, we would like to see if we can hop a cruise maybe 2 weeks in advance, or who knows, can it be done even closer to sailing?Thanks!

We booked 2 times less that 24 hours before sail. We could not pass the

price up.

You can go camping anytime. But a cheap price cruise don't always line up

for you.

I had gone to visit my daughters in college. It is a four hour drive to see them. I had intended to spend the night. My husband called me at 5:00 that evening to tell me that there was a great deal on a cruise leaving the next day. I told him to book it and call me back after he did. He called back a few minutes later to say we were booked. I drove the 4 hours home and we then drove the 3 hours to Galveston the next day to get on the cruise. Luckily, my daughters are very understanding. They have gone on several cruises with us, so they know how much we love to cruise!!! As usual, we had a great time!!!

browneyes7:o :) :rolleyes:

Do you think there is a chance if I call them at the last min, that I would get a good deal? I wasnt really thinking I would get a much better rate, but hey, I wouldnt turn it down! Also, I realize that the cabin choices may not be the best, but has anyone gotten anything decent, we like balconys, and was told the front of the ship is not good. However, we did sail towards the front on the Victory and the room was just fine!

Do you think there is a chance if I call them at the last min, that I would get a good deal? I wasnt really thinking I would get a much better rate, but hey, I wouldnt turn it down! Also, I realize that the cabin choices may not be the best, but has anyone gotten anything decent, we like balconys, and was told the front of the ship is not good. However, we did sail towards the front on the Victory and the room was just fine!

Yes,if you mean 2 days before and if you are not looking at any summer(June-August) or vacation or holiday time periods. I think you have almost zero chance of a balcony or even a window.What you get is whats left after everyone has been upgraded to the better rooms.

Do you get better fares when you book at the last minute?

I live in San Antonio and I am self employed. My pvp knows me well and called on a friday for a seven day leaving on saturday got a great deal ov for $99pp!

So if I read all the post in this thread correctly, I can call Carnival directly, wait for PVP to call me or just show up at port the day of sailing to get these great rates??

I live close to Tampa port (30 minutes) and have never done this from our homeport before though we did get a VOS last minute deal (booked 12 days out) that we could not pass up! We paid $2,220 for 5 in a Grand Suite!! Best deal to date we have recieved so far. But I don't work summers (teacher) and ex was self employed so we were able to leave always at the drop of a hat!

So which is the best way to find out about literally Last Minute available cabins (like meaning a few days out)?:confused:

Any and all response would be appreciated.

Thanks.:)

We booked on a Tuesday and sailed the following Monday. We paid for inside low, cabin to be announced. We were upgraded to outside. That night at dinner we were told the purser needed to see us. We got in the purser's line. The purser called us out of line & then offered us a suite at no additional charge since we had cruised on Carnival a lot and they had an empty suite. We had a fabulous time.

Kurbanfan, the PR locals just loved telling us how they each paid less than $200 for their cruise, and their kids paid $99 for 3/4th rate.

Pissy isn't it:cool: Especially when others booked a year ahead of time and paid 3 times more then that:eek:

We booked on a Tuesday and sailed the following Monday. We paid for inside low, cabin to be announced. We were upgraded to outside. That night at dinner we were told the purser needed to see us. We got in the purser's line. The purser called us out of line & then offered us a suite at no additional charge since we had cruised on Carnival a lot and they had an empty suite. We had a fabulous time.

Please tell me how you accomplished this? Did you call Carnival direct or travel agent? How do you get this deal? Did you tell them you were looking for something for the following week out of a specific port?

Man, I sure could use a cruise before my Jan. one.

I agree with you Cruisinrican, I need a cruise bad, before our Med cruise next year. I am keeping my fingers crossed, and am hoping I can pull something off., Now to break it to DH........:p

AAhhhh..........the joys of being single again! Cruise when ever we want to! LOL I am loving life!

Well, Cruizinrican, Been married, been single again, now married again, Definately better the 2nd time around.

I had a few cruise itinerarys printed out, and flashed them to the Hubby, he said no at first, I pouted, then he said, ok, if you get a good deal , book it. He`s such a pushover, I love it!:p

I have booked people on Monday to sail on Thursday, so 2 weeks should be no problem.

I have heard of people who have booked the night before a cruise. I used to think that the cruiselines needed to have a manifest complete 72 hours prior to departure, but upon further reading, they need to have a complete manifest in place for Homeland Security 72 hours prior to ARRIVING BACK in the U.S. That being the case, you could book the day of the cruise, if there was room and the cruiseline allowed it.

Thanks for clarifying that, I was under the impression the manifest had to be complete prior to sailing. We had a couple who booked the night before our Canada cruise last week and I wondered how they were able to do that.

Thanks for clarifying that, I was under the impression the manifest had to be complete prior to sailing. We had a couple who booked the night before our Canada cruise last week and I wondered how they were able to do that.

The rule is the manifest has to be transmitted 24 hours before entering U.S. waters. Most cruise lines transmit the manifest right after sailing just in case if there is a problem it would not prevent them from entering the U.S. at the end of the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I was called this past January at 1pm about a great deal and we were at the port at 3pm to sail including stopping to pick up booze for inside the suitcase.

Archived