Barbados Hotel?

bzv143

The ultimate, IMO, is The Crane...it is gorgeous, out of the way, and expensive. Rooms are divine as is the resort....

I have stayed at Southern Palms...not so romantic/intimate, but easy to work with and convenient (somewhat) to port. Some of it depends on how long your pre-cruise stay will be.

Enjoy...both your stay in Barbados and your cruise!!

Unfortunately, sea sickness is an individual thing! My DH has never been seasick on the WindSpirit or Surf. I on the other hand, have had some issues (this must be an age thing as it has only started in the last couple of years!).

What I usually do is take some of the 'free' seasick pills outside of the doctor's office for the first couple of days..after that I am good to go. I have never really found that the ship moved an excessive amount unless the water is very rough (which we have encountered). I was on the Maasdam (Holland America) which is large and we hit rough seas and about half the ship missed dinner..l managed to not get sick but walking in heels was interesting :-)

If your husband is prone to sickness, then I would start the remedy BEFORE you get on. Just decide based on if he gets sick on fishing trips, etc. Or, if he is already worried about it, start the pills when you get on board and then maybe he will forget about it!

I am so envious...wish I had a trip planned. Happy Cruising and Blue Skies!!

• 3 weeks later...

We always get "the patch." My husband found it to be very helpful sailing on the very "queasifying" LPD ships during his 3 week cruise with the marines back in his navy days. I feel that 1/2 a patch for 3 days works well. If you get sick in very rough seas then take one of the bonine offered at the reception desk.

Re: hotels. we booked the Accra beach hotel(for the New Year cruise) against the advice of our travel agent. We preferred not to pay Sandy Lane prices and my research indicated this would be best for our family of four.

Happy sailing!

We have stayed at Little Good Harbour pre-cruise and loved it. It is located in St. Peter on the West Coast, just north of Almond Beach Villlage in Speightstown. Check it out on the internet - it is an intimate small hotel. The Fish Pot restaurant there is fabulous. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived