Denali is Out !

Squirrel's Mom

Great view from the web cam as of 6:30AM:

http://www2.nature.nps.gov/air/webcams/parks/denacam/denacam.cfm

Thanks for the link. I didn't know the webcam existed. Looks clouded over already - a big reason I like to stay at Wonder Lake when I go to Denali - often the mountain is visible early in the morning or late at night but not when the shuttle buses are running! I am there two weeks from today!

The view this morning is even better than yesterday's! Not a cloud in the sky. Chenega, the weather sounds perfect but now I'm rethinking my packing list! More shorts, fewer fleece pants.

fti, hope you're able to catch this today before the clouds roll in (though I'm not sure where they would be rolling from)

Sam, been following your report on your trip. Sorry you ran into some problems but it sounds like you made lemonade in any event! Look forward to reading more.

Is there a little dance that people in Alaska do when the mountain this out? You know, not a "doc dance" but maybe a "denali dance"?

Wow, it's out today, Wednesday morning, 6/20/07, not a cloud in the sky. Amazing. It will probably be cloudy the day I am there. But what an amazing moment for those who are there today.

Denali was out for 15 hours when I was there last summer, then clouded over during the day and back out again the next evening. Let's hope it will cooperate in two weeks for me!

John

Denali was out for 15 hours when I was there last summer, then clouded over during the day and back out again the next evening. Let's hope it will cooperate in two weeks for me!

John

I'll be in AK in two weeks myself. I pray it will be a clear day for viewing Mt. McKinley. I'll be in Talkeetna July 7/8.

This weather is supposed to hold through the weekend. Today we're pushing the high 70s and low 80s again. Shorts may not be a bad idea but then weather can go the other way too. Just be ready for anything (except snow).

We had great weather two weeks ago and did spur of moment flightseeing near Talkeetna bec. "the mountain" was out.. wow.. what amazing pictures of the mountain, glacier, gorge... truly. And a bonus was a beautiful evening at McKinley Princess.. a margarita in the sunshine at 8:p.m. with Mt McKinley in front of you = best happy hour in the world :)

well IMHO;)

Hey, Chenega! How are things in Chugiak and Eagle River??? DH and I will be working up there at least two summers beginning in '09.. probably Anchorage/Denali area... debating that vs. Juneau

So glad you all got to see THE MOUNTAIN. We were at Denali NP and Mt. McKinley Princess lodge for 3 days and never saw anything but clouds. Our son said that he got to see the top of it one morning for about 15 minutes--I'm waiting to see his photos--but DH and I were horseback riding at the time and missed it.

Archived