Mailing home some stuff?

Here's the situation. 12 night Med. cruise on Celebrity. We are allowed to bring the standard luggage allowances...THEN we fly from Barcelona to Paris for 3 nights on Vueling. This is where it gets hairy. Vueling only allows 22kgs (44) pounds of luggage per person (not per bag)! YIKES!!!! I plan on doing some major shopping on this trip. Does anyone know anything about shipping home clothes and souviners in boxes? Any advice on what do do?

Here's the situation. 12 night Med. cruise on Celebrity. We are allowed to bring the standard luggage allowances...THEN we fly from Barcelona to Paris for 3 nights on Vueling. This is where it gets hairy. Vueling only allows 22kgs (44) pounds of luggage per person (not per bag)! YIKES!!!! I plan on doing some major shopping on this trip. Does anyone know anything about shipping home clothes and souviners in boxes? Any advice on what do do?

Mailing stuff from Italy is IMHO expensive you might want to check the postal fees in the various places you plan to stop to see where is the best place to mail from.

Italy:

Poste Italiane - Home page

- [ Translate this page ]

Spain: For information on the many varied services offered by the Spanish Post Office, call (91) 536-0110. Because the page doesn't translate but here it is in case you know spanish.

http://www.correos.es/comun/tarificador/tarifas.asp

The cost to ship items home can be very expensive. We were on a world cruise and we know folks who shipped home an average size box and it was around 250.00. So, look at the costs that the airline will charge you vs how much it will cost to ship items home.

Keith

A few years ago, when the dollar was strong, I did major shopping. Now, I find it a hassle to arry the stuff with me and quite frankly I can get the same or better prices at home. Except for a pocketbook here and there and some jewlry, it just doesn't pay! If you want to recover your vat, you must produce the goods at the airport. If you ship it,you lose any and all cost differential.

Karen

Archived