Front Office Problems

Louis Calden

I was on the Shadow for the full world cruise and it was wonderful. The crew were all enthusiastic about doing their jobs and all went remarkably well.

The cruise ended on March 22. In June, my credit card received a charge from Silversea dated June 8, 2007. I tried several times to contact the Miami office to find out what the charge was for but after promises to call back with an answer, I have not received a call back. I am quite disappointed and all previous dealings with Silversea went very well.

Since I have been trying to get an answer since last week, I told them that I was going to cancel my 2008 reservation if I don't hear from them today.

This is unfortunate, as it will trigger other cancellations and preclude some new bookings by friends.

Too bad the front office is not up to the shipboard standards.

Strange. You could probably dispute the charge (especially if its on AMEX) and the CC company can inquire as to the nature of the charge. Again, if its AMEX, they'll issue a temporary credit until the info is received and the dispute resolved. Not sure about other cards but might be the same.

Lou, the cruise ended May 22 and the charge is for incidentials.

exactly correct. in nyc. and we just got the incidental charges on our credit card bill too. check your records and you will find they had not been charged before.

Thanks for clearing this up, everyone. One reason people come on here and get scared about SS is that people tend to post more often when they feel negative, and some never come back to tell that a situation is fixed or to clarify anything. A nice reply to explain the charges surely would have been better service, but it sounds like at least the charges were not bogus, and I surely wouldn't want to cancel my next trip over it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

You should try the Monaco office and write to Mr Albert Peters or Mr Silvio Rossi they are the top guys running silverseas and should sort out the problems your having with SS.

Silverseas S.A.M Gildo Pastor Center. 7, RUE Du Gabian MC 98000. MONACO FRANCE.

Archived