Mazatlan question

dizzykat

My friend and I will be on the Vision on 10/10. Are there any hotels on the beach where you can go and spend the day, using their facilities? I'd actually be more interested in using their pools rather than the beach.

We were considering Randi's Happy Horses, but my friend didn't really want to do that. None of the RCCL shore excursions thrill me.

Besides Randi's, any other suggestions on things to do in Mazatlan?

Kathy

Usually, just ask at the shore excursion desk which hotel has arrangments for cruise passengers. Sometimes there's a charge, sometimes they correctly figure you'll drink enough to make it worth their while.

We have spent the day at El Cid. Very nice pool area and near the Golden Zone if you want to do any shopping. When I was there they had the beach roped off to traveling "vendors." Don't know if it's still that way. Laurie

from Legend and we spent the day at El Cid. They get alot of people for time share presentations. We refused that and took a taxi there--$4 each, $12 total. We were not charged and freely used the pool and the beach both. We bought food and drinks at the swim up bar, but I don't think anyone was concerned about our "guest" status. The time share lady met us at the door and tried to get us to sign up but then said, of course you are free to use the facilities on your own. The time share gets you some food and pays for your taxi I think. We then took the "taxi" (golf car things) to the Golden zone for shopping $3 total from El Cid, and it was another $6 to get back to the ship. We got a great driver that time who gave a mini city tour on the way back and wanted to practice his English.

There are 3 El Cid resorts in Mazatlan. Don't go to El Cid Marina. You want to go to El Cid Moro. It is right next to the other El Cid (can't remember what it is called). You will be hit up for the time share as soon as you get to the dock. We did it and for an hour of our time we got all inclusive use of the facilites. ALL the food and drink we could want! The pools are awesome! There are waterfalls and slides. We are going again next month but will pay the fee of $60 for all inclusive use. It was one of the neatest times of our cruise. ~Christine

The El Cid Castilla is the one you want. Had a great time there a couple of weeks ago. My young daughters were doing flips off of the 10-foot high waterfall. Excellent. We acknowledged being cruise passengers. No problem. Once we tipped our waiter Javier we were hooked up for the duration. Beware if you step onto the beach as the venders will descend upon you. Had a great time there.

Archived