What's so good about the humps?

KAWS

We've always booked full aft cabins and now we're looking at a possible RCL cruise for March 09 (either Adventure or Serenade). I see that one of these ships has both a full aft and a hump cabin available. I know what's great about an aft, but what about the hump? Can anyone help me out with some info?

Hi Kim

I have never had a hump, but do have one booked for the Radiance in November.

The biggest advantage from those who advised me. You are right by the elevators, so everything is convenient.

Second advantage, (may not be true for all ships). The balconies are huge compared to the non-humps. Take a look at the plans and see if this applies to your ship. Perhaps another CC member can chime in.

Have a great cruise.

Dave

What's so good about hump cabins? Location mid ship near elevators and not a long walk to anything on the ship. And much larger balconies than non-hump cabin balconies except, I suppose, for aft cabin balconies. I'll take a hump cabin anything I can find one.

it seems to me that the biggest advantage is the location. I have read that some ships/locations have bigger balconies or rooms and others don't.

We have a center hump booked on our cruise, so I have been excited to read all the "hump" threads:p

I am on the Mariner and I believe that our room and balcony are std size.

We had a center hump cabin on the AOS last cruise. The balcony was no bigger (I think you you have to be slightly off the center for that benefit). Being close to the elevator and stairs was nice, except that at the end of the night we were at one end of the ship or the other and had to walk back. We've found personally that being forward is better for us because it is closer to the coffee bar for my hubby. We did find there was more noise from people congregating by the elevators than we experienced on other cruises when our cabin was close to the forward elevator/stairs.

Thanks everyone. Seems it's all about location, location and well as possibly a larger balcony which I would still get if I booked a full aft.

I liked the idea that you'd be able to see all the way forward and aft. That's the reason why we like the afts, because you can see both sides and the back.

I suppose if I'm going to grab that hump I better get at it. Can't believe there's only one left for Mar. 09! They obviously are, like the afts, coveted cabins.

Location, location, location!

On the Voyager class ships, that is the main advantage. Plus, if you are center, you see all the way forward and aft, which is very nice.

I hear that the humps on Radiance class have larger balconies, but I have yet to test this myself.

We've booked our 1st humfor the Panama Canal on Serenade. According to a prior passenger the balcony is about 150% of a normal. It's all about size and location when talking about a hump.

I have my first hump in October on Serenade -- starboard side. I usually love the aft cabins but there were none available, so we booked a standard room and then the hump opened up we switched!! I can't wait to see what all the hubabaloo is all about!! :D

We booked our Mediterranean cruise last year ..........sailing on Brilliance of the Seas. The Crown and Anchor rep looked up with a big smile and said....you are in luck.... there is a big hump cabin available....so naturally, we grabbed it ! I never expected one to be available ...especially on this cruise. Our daughter and her husband got upgraded from an inside cabin to a huge aft cabin with an enormous balcony !! Nice. They were thrilled beyond thrilled. Talk about luck.

We are looking at "humping" on our next cruise on the Brilliance. I posted another thread....trying to decide on a mid-center hump -- 8596 starboard, or 8086 port with a large balcony at the front of the hump. Does anyone know if the 8596 cabin has a standard or larger balcony?

Thanks!

I'm very excited, I have my first hump booked on Radiance in August. We couldn't get a Port hump, but we got the extreme aft starboard hump (9594) - from the looks of the deckplan it looked like a good balcony, but I've been told that sometimes the deckplans lie. Hopefully not! We could have had center-hump as well, but I'm a big aft fan so I thought aft hump might be a good compromise :)

Archived