Anyone cruised the Seine?

skoshi

I am leaving on the 7th with Uniworld on the River Baroness. Will post a report when I return. Judy:)

Has anyone done the Paris-Normandy cruise on any line? Would love some port tips.

Just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Seine with Viking. We did it from Normandy to Paris and spent 4 extra nights in Paris at the end. We loved the shore excursions that were offered (not as many to chose from as larger cruise lines). The Normandy beach tour was well done and very moving but left one wishing for more time. Because of the short distance to travel there are lots of stops along the way in quaint villages such as Caudebec and Les Andelys. Be sure to visit Chateau Gaillard which is Richard the Lionheart's castle. A visit to Giverny is a must although it's quite crowded this time of year. The people who took the Versaille trip gushed about it. And Rouen seems like a metropolis after the small villages! The Viking Seine docks in Paris very near the Eiffel Tower. Take advantage of the Viking sponsored bus tour to get a good overview. I didn't care for the river tour (too many obnoxious middle schoolers! And bad narration on hand held audio devices). All in all we had a fantastic time on Viking. Now British Airways is a different story...don't get me started!

Just returned from our Elbe River cruise. We did our own air and DH booked us thru LHT. It took us one hour to get from our Vienna-Heath flight in terminal one to get into the deparures lounge in Terminal 3. Standing in that line I declared that going thru LHT is grounds for divorce. If your flight starts or ends there it is not that bad. This trip was worse than coming home after 9-11. Glad to be home. Pat

Archived