roll call windsurf from barbados 12-2-07

sashababy

hello sasha, just booked this cruise for my husband and I today - am very excited!! We reside close to Toronto, ON. My husband scuba dives - I snorkel only. Lots of decisions to make about shore excursions. See ya soon !

• 4 months later...

Hi,

glad to see other people are going on this cruise. I posted a roll call a few weeks ago and until yesterday the only response I got was from a gentleman going in March.

This is our 4th Windstar cruise. the 2nd on the Windsurf. My husband I prefer this type of casual cruising.

I have already made arrangements for 2 tours (not thru the ship) in Greneda and Dominica.

If you would like to chat further please e mail me @ rochvel@aol.com

We'll be joining you on the cruise. We finished our booking a few minutes ago, after being told last Friday that I could go on vacation. Talk about last minute! Ou last vacation 7 months ago was on even shorter notice: a river cruise in Holland. That ship was even smaller than the Wind Spirit or Wind Star.

That makes 4 CC couples on this cruise: sashababy, teeniewahinie, smokey, and joanandjoe. We'll be flying in on Saturday, 12/1, and will stay at Windstar's hotel, the Accra Beach, that night.

We're Joan and Joe from Teaneck, NJ. This will be our 11th cruise, 3rd on the Wind Surf. The other two Wind Surf cruises were a B2B from Nice to Barcelona, then Barcelona to Lisbon, in November, 2004.

Smokey, we'll try to send you an email tonight or tomorrow. We certainly would be interested in sharing tours. We think Fredos is terrific!

We've been in touch with "Smokey", and are planning some shore excursions with them. The two of you haven't posted on this thread in nearly five months. Please sign in, and let us know more about you.

It would be nice if we can figure out a way to get together very early in the cruise.

Hey fellow cruisers! a little about us - we are in our mid-forties and have a twenty-year old son and an eighteen-year old daughter. We have booked a few excursions with the ship ie.St. Lucia catamaran, Dominica tram through rainforest, and myself only catamaran in Bequia (DH diving). How about anyone else? What are you folks up to in Grenada - heard about Mandoo tours being good - also wouldn't mind a beach day - don't know which one is best. DH is diving in Mayreau, Bequia & possibly Tobago - I would go along and snorkel. JUst received the docs yesterday-we were upgraded to a suite WOOT,WOOT !!!!!!! Yeah, we will have room for all the scuba gear. I have never been on the Windsurf - we were on the Windstar Rome to Athens in Sept. 2005.Loved it!!

Hi, TeenieWahinee. Congratulations on being upgraded to a suite. Maybe that's a good place for the four couples on this board to meet.

While we're both from the states, my Mother was from TO, and graduated from the U of T a mere 70 years ago (1937). With a Canadian Mom, I have quite a bit of Canada in my speech, eh!

We're in our early 60's, and have two sons, 32 and 27. We're not divers, and can barely snorkel. If we can get decent snorkling instruction, maybe we'll snorkel late in the trip.

We'll be joining Smokey in sharing a taxi in Bequia and a Fredos tour in Dominica. In Pigeon Island and Mayreau, we'll just hang loose, and we've signed up for the ship's river tubing in Grenada. (You might want to join Smokey for their Grenada spice tour.) We don't yet have a clue as to what we'll do in Tobago; but considering that my office granted me vacation time last Friday, and we booked the cruise on Monday, 4 days ago, we've done a lot of fast planning.

If anyone has any great ideas for Pigeon Island, which apparently is a St. Lucia national park connected to St. Lucia by a causeway, please share them. Mayrea seems to have the same function on this cruise as Porquerolles on our Wind Surf Med cruise - a place to unwind and not do much.

Hi

My husband and I are booked on this cruise. Our second with windstar. Last one was a few years ago in Tahiti. Pretty excited.

We are from Ct. and would love to talk. We have not booked any excursions as of yet. Spent a week last April in St. Lucia and have a great tour guide to recommend. As for the week we are open to snorkeling, and just exploring and enjoying ourselves. We will be just the two of us and would enjoy meeting up with you. Open to suggestions and some relaxation and fun.

My husband and I will be going on the Barbados to Barbados tour and would love to meet other people.

We are from Ct. love the water, have not made plans for excursions yet.

Spent a week in St. Lucia last April and had a great experience with a guide we could recommend.

Just Checking in to see if we can meet new people and enjoy the trip.

Orchid, welcome to the roll call. That makes 5 couples. When are you flying to Barbados? We'll be on the 10 a.m. American flight from JFK on Saturday, 12/1.

As memory serves (and it has been three years since we were on the Wind Surf), there are two bars, the main one (Compass Rose) and a poolside bar with a name like "Terrace Bar". I suggest meeting at the poolside bar some specific time between 5 and 6, with a backup time in case the lifeboat drill is scheduled for the time we've agreed to meet. Any thoughts? Joe

We've just picked up our cruise documents. Now we know that we are really going.

"Smokey" has organized some trips, including a taxi in Bequia, a spice tour in Grenada, and a Carib Indian and Emerald Pool tour with Fredos in Dominica. We're working on a glass bottom boat and snorkeling tour in Tobago (although we've booked the ship's tour just in case, and will cancel that if we find a good alternative), and are trying to arrange a pier to airport tour on the last day in Barbados, since our flight is in the late afternoon. If you're interested in any of these, or in getting together at the Accra Beach Hotel on Saturday night, 12/1, please let us know.

Otherwise, we'll see you at the poolside bar at 6 p.m. on the 2nd.

We used Glory Tours inj Barbados last December, and we booked them again. For $46 per person, we'll take the "A Touch of Splendour" tour that goes to Orchid World, the east coast, and the wildlife reserve, then ends at the airport. Yes, you have to pay in advance, and lunch is not included.

Cost comparisons if you have a late afternoon flight. Taxi about $25 for 2 people, ships transfers something like $39 per person, ships tour (which does include lunch) $89 per person, including lunch. We didn't consider the ship's tour because it duplicates what we did last year.

Thanks for your reply

We are leaving 12/1 air Jamaica out of jfk 7AM We could not get the AA flight by the time we booked our flight.

So we will be on board earlier then you folks. We are staying in Barbados for 3 nights after the cruise at the crane. Extending our time in the warmth and the sun.

New at using the forum to meet people, and making plans. We are open to suggestions. Meeting that first night would be great we are booked into cabin 317 for the cruise.

Dena

misunderstood your info. We are flying out from JFK early on 12/2 so after reading your post again I realize that you will be on the island and probably board the ship before us on the 2nd.

We did not book hotel stay through Windstar we did it on our own.

Dena

Just a note to let you know that I had an emergency appendectomy Monday night, and they kicked me out of the hospital this afternoon, 40 hours after the operation. I still hope to see you all, but there's a definite chance that we won't make it. If we can't go, we'll send an email to Rochelle and Elliott, AKA Smokey. Joe

BTW, our avatar photo was taken by the Wind Surf photographer, so the ship you see behind us is the Wind Surf.

Archived