roll call windsurf from barbados 12-2-07

sashababy

The doctor gave me the go ahead. See you all on Sunday.

Let's hope that this morning's earthquake didn't cause major damage to the beautiful islands we're supposed to visit. The center of a 7.4 magnitude earthquake was under Martinique and Dominica. See the cruise news portion of this board.

we will be on the New Year's Cruise. We have several divers in our group and would love to hear about the dive experience, who is doing the watersports onboard, etc. We will be going to Mayreau, Bequia, St. Georges and Charlotville on our cruise. Hope you all have a wonderful cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

We enjoyed meeting everyone, with special thanks to Smokey (Rochelle and Elliot) for sharinbg excursions with us. We hope everyone had a great cruise, and a safe trip home.

We've just posted our review, which should be available in a few days.

Smooth seas, everyone! Joan and Joe

We were on the Windsurf Dec 2-9/07 southbound.

RE: diving - my husband did a two tank dive with Tobago Dive Experience at the Manta Lodge and I went along for the snorkel - my husband said they were some of the best dives he has ever done-best in the Caribbean so far for him-he also did a two tank dive with Dive Bequia-very good-did not do any diving through the ship

Hello yogagirl,

in Tobago my husband did "The Flying Manta" and "The Bookend" dives. The two dives cost appr. $90.00 - great diving and better price than on board. He did book ahead of time with Dive Bequia and also with Tobago Dive Experience (both appr. same price). In Tobago they were not at the port to pick us up - we had a taxi driver call them and the taxi driver drove us over - it all worked out - alittle misunderstanding - it happens! In Tobago I snorkeled at the first sight and sunned myself and met nice people at the pool - a very enjoyable day in Tobago. At at a great restaurant in Charlotteville-recommended by the taxi driver.

Have fun - we loved our cruise aboard the Windsurf.

Hey Teenie! I just heard back from Tobago dive experience. Apparently there is some issue with distance from the port. Do you recall how far it was? Were they originally supposed to pick you up? Also-did you negotiate a special price since you were snorkeling, not diving? Thanks for your help!

Archived