UPDATE.. on.. ON-BOARD TA PROBLEM

wizard-of-roz

We still do not have our on-board booking with the correct TA!

In case you didn't know the story: The TA on-board put the incorrect TA on the confirmation..and, I neglected to check it before leaving the ship (April, 21)....it's been a nightmare. Because the TA that was put on the booking would not release the booking to HAL or another TA.

We have sent fax's (to HAL) and to the prior TA with my signature for release as well fax's from my TA requesting the release. Nothing (HAL says they can't move until the prior TA moves!)

So, I called the prior TA (owner of the company)....begging him to release this booking! He said, "there may be a charge" and "why?" (I was not happy with his service!) He's taking his sweet time!

You'd think it was a $50,000 booking!!!!

I'm in contact with Consumer Programs Dept. of HAL, who wants me to speak with the World Cruise Reservations people. Couldn't do it yesterday (Tuesday) because HAL said that all of their computers were down.

I tried this morning and as of an hour ago, I was told the booking had been moved. I've contacted my TA, who has not called me back yet. I'm dying to know if, in fact, it's in his hands now!

What a mess. I know what you guys are thinking.....Why not just cancel and re-book? Because; it'a a great stateroom; I was going to be charged for the cancellation and would you believe that I was told that if a TA chooses to....they can book-up cabins and hold them, keeping the public from booking them.......the prior TA knows exactly which cabins I like and I was warned he could do this just for spite.

I wasn't going to let go of my chosen cabin for him or anybody else!!!

I'm learning and boy am I becoming a more informed cruise shopper!!!!!! See, you're never too old to learn!

So sorry you are being stressed to the max over this.

I think you have made a wise choice to get rid of the old TA. Doesn't sound like a very decent person from the above description.

Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

I think HAL will work it out for you.

We had something of a similar situation a few years ago. Had booked

w/a TA we really liked when living in Calif. It was booked almost a year

ahead in order to book a handicap accessible suite. In the interim

we moved to CO and our favorite TA was let go from the travel agency

during a downsizing.

We didn't know anyone else at that agency and didn't want to work with them, since we didn't know them, and it was out of state. We found

another TA and went thru the process to transfer the booking.

But, same as you, the former agency refused to release the booking and then after much conversation - would only do so for a steep cancellation fee. That fee was a new charge for the agency - not established at the time of the original booking.

So we called Hal directly - with the above explanatons - and more information.

Good news - we were able to transfer the booking - no cancelation fee.

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Just got a call from my TA........

It's done....the booking is his, transfer is complete....

no more stressing!!!!!

Thank you to all who helped me through this and gave me such great suggestions!

Drinks are on me! :D

If we ever meet, please remind me how we met, through CC and I'll buy! :p

That is good news, Roz.

Really happy is has all been worked out for you.

No reason you should have had to give up the cabin you wanted.

When will these lousy TA's get it? **** that is definitely not meant as a knock against the very many good TA's.

Roz,

Way to go.....I didn't think for a second that you were going to let anyone push you around. Glad that it all worked out for you. :)

Maybe one of these days our paths will cross again. Our next HAL cruise will me May 9th on the Veendam roundtrip to Alaska from Vancouver. Barb say's I get to go once..........and then it's back to the sunshine. ;)

I know what you guys are thinking.....Why not just cancel and re-book? Because; it'a a great stateroom; I was going to be charged for the cancellation and would you believe that I was told that if a TA chooses to....they can book-up cabins and hold them, keeping the public from booking them.......the prior TA knows exactly which cabins I like and I was warned he could do this just for spite.

I wasn't going to let go of my chosen cabin for him or anybody else!!!

It is too bad the guidelines do not allow you to post the name of the TA who would do this. This is really bad, especially since this TA did no work. I mean he knows this booking was just given to him (in error by HAL). All he did was make sure you would never use him again. Is this the same TA Rev Neal is having a problem with?

I forget the reason you dumped him in the first place?

We've many times booked a future cruise on board - don't think you're compelled to specify a TA.......we never have! The required deposit is made on our CC. Back home, there's a confirming e-mail awaiting us. We call our fav. TA and pass on the booking number - never had a problem!

We all win! - the TA has the commission; we have our requested cabin; there's frequently an EBOBCC and invariably a 'thank you' bottle of wine in the cabin from the OBConsultant - what's not to like!!!!! We've never sailed without flowers in the cabin - courtesy of our fav. TA. We expect no more! :)

Golfette: I'll tell you what my "disorder" is...people who work for us and don't do their jobs.....I work and I do my job....if I don't I expect to hear about it.....

And, if you call not getting what I requested and giving a deposit in good faith to prove my intent, not reason to "stress", then I want what you're having! To me, this was not a "little" thing......but, I'm better now....had to fight for what was right and, you know what, the "good guys" won!!!!!

**Hi Terry, we'll be on the Oosterdam, again, on April 12th the Golden on Sept. 29th and again on Nov. 24th. Have a wonderful "anticipation" time waiting for your trip, next May. It seems like it's very far away...but, waiting is all part of the fun!!!! Please give Barb my love!

Willie: It should have been painless, you're right. The OBC made many mistakes, as did I, in not catching hers! It's past me now and I've learned to be more careful.....How old am I? Obviously, not to old to learn!

Jade: I would love to tell you who the schmuck was.......We cruise about 4 times a year and I always need a TA......"Big mistake, Big mistake!" Oh, I'm not saying he would have made millions but you know what, I'm not that old, I'll still be cruising for a long time and I have lots of friends and family who are NOT being referred to him!

Sail: Thanks for your good wishes and you are right....the lousy one's need to get out of the way! We have cruises to book!! :p

Archived