WIND and DRESSES!?

sgorich

I am going on my first cruise and I don't know what to expect on the ship as far as wind goes. Is wearing a dress outside on the ship risky? I am afraid my dress will FLY up from the wind:eek: . And I dont want to stay in the ship the whole time I am wearing a dress!

I am going on my first cruise and I don't know what to expect on the ship as far as wind goes. Is wearing a dress outside on the ship risky? I am afraid my dress will FLY up from the wind:eek: . And I dont want to stay in the ship the whole time I am wearing a dress!

It does happen..lol. Happened to me! :)

I brought a ton of cute dresses on my cruise and ended up having to have my husband hold my drink while I tried (and I say tried) to keep my dress down. I never wore one on deck again, but it would be ok on shore or in the dining room.

Yikes Then I guess I will wear short shorts under my dress like I am 5 years old again!:) Memories..

Oh come one, buy some attractive undies and let the wind blow:D . Might give everyone a thrill and maybe you husband will like it:cool:

Oh cay, nobody come after me, I am only trying to be funny:p

Oh come one, buy some attractive undies and let the wind blow:D . Might give everyone a thrill and maybe you husband will like it:cool:

I agree, probably wont show more than if you were in bathing suit

Ha! I was going to suggest wearing nice undies too. I mean, who cares? If your dress is blowing, so is everyone else's. :D

Besides, it's just a good excuse for your hubby to stand real close to you. ;)

Yes Mariilyn.

DON

I got a good laugh out of all your replies, and agree, wear nice undies!!! On a serious note tho, have you tried the cruise fashion board? It's been a real life saver for me with all kinds of solution for all kinds of questions. Check it out and happy sailing~~~~~~~~~;)

DW almost lost a dress one night:D , and I mean completely:D ;) You'll be walking with your arms straight down if you venture to the front of the ship, but the wind isn't as bad once you start heading towards the aft.

As ddoll said wear nice undies, no granny pants.:eek:

Dresses aren't the only clothes that fly up on a cruise ship's upper deck. One time I was watching the ship leave San Juan while I stood on the upper deck.

I thought it was comical that when the ship picked up speed some of the women in skirts had them blow up to their necks. Then I quickly got my "come-upance". Suddenly myT-shirt blew up all the way to my neck. It was actually over my face! :o

So you have to be careful, even in capris and a T-shirt.

I remember reading years ago that certain members of European royalty have small ‘weights’ in the hemlines of their frocks in order to remain 'dignified' on their walkabouts in windy weather ; )

By all means wear the weighted hemed dresses...All the bruises won't be that noticable after a week or two...sheeeesh...

Suggestion.......Wear you new bikini under your dress...We will see the bathing suit eventually at the pool anyway... :D

I can't tell you how happy I was to see this question, because it reminded me of this picture. This is my friend on a cruise about ten years ago. As you can see, the wind can affect your hemline. We staged this picture, but it did happen without her realizing it the first time.

Claudia.jpg.fc23dbd7b48a6cfd9a232a0203ce1813.jpg

Remember there are cameras everywhere, so you can buy copies in the photo gallery.:eek: :D

Archived