2 timer dealing with anxiety

Brute Bandit

My family will be taking our 2nd cruise in Oct. Will we be as impressed the 2nd time? What is the past guest party like? When is it? Will we miss floating down the Mississippi if we choose the party? Oh the questions.

:confused: I'm also wondering about Paradise Beach. I have 2 teenagers who would love to rent jetskis. Are they available at PB and how much $$?

I would be dealing with anxiety if I was a 2 timer too.... :D

Ok, sorry, I couldn't resist a slight fun with a fellow Kentuckian :p

Sorry I can't answer any of your questions, I'm still waiting for my FIRST cruise!

I don't think you will be as impressed the 2nd time, but that doesn't mean you won't enjoy it as much. Some of the surprise will be gone, that's all. I just love standing next to the railing and watching the waves and sea, and I'll never get tired of it. But next time I see a glass elevator in an 8 story atrium on a ship, it'll be "Yawn - been there done that."

The Past Guest party I went to was pretty lame, just an excuse for free booze, IMHO. But I still plan to go to the Past Guest party on our next cruise.

Personally, I can't think of any better way to travel than on a cruise ship.

The past guest party is a lot like the Captain's party. Nothing overly special, but a good chance to get free drinks.:D

The past guest party will not be during sail-a-way, so you won't miss the ride down the Mississippi.

Cruising down the Mississippi is very cool, but you will find other things to see as you sail away that will be just as impressive.

The past guest party will be sometime during the week, usually in the late afternoon, sometimes 2 are held, it will depend how many past guests are on the ship that week.

My family will be taking our 2nd cruise in Oct. Will we be as impressed the 2nd time?

That's pretty doubtful. I can't imagine having that very same feeling the second time. What a "WOW!" it was the first time I saw my ship. Always enjoy my cruises, but there's never been that same feeling.

What is the past guest party like? When is it? Will we miss floating down the Mississippi if we choose the party? Oh the questions.

Don't know which ship you'll be on, but the PG parties are held only on cruises of five nights or longer. They're usually held on the third/fourth day...in the late aftn/evening - just before dinner. Not always held at the same time, even on the same ship cruise to cruise.

It wasn't as impressive the second time and I doubt it ever will be again.

When I first got on the Disney Wonder I was just shocked that all of that was on a ship! I have never experienced that again.

I still had a fantastic time on my 2nd and 3rd cruises, but never had the wow factor again like I did the first time.

My tummy still gets that tickly feeling when we get that first sight of "our" ship when we drive into the port!!!!

Now we're excited about the things we know we like and the things we know we're gonna be doing.

And yes Paradise beach does have wave runners for rent right next door!!

I'm going on my 2nd cruise in September, and I think I'm more excited now then I was for my first because I know what to expect!

For my first cruise I wasn't that excited until we got to the port... then I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the trip!! :D

But now, just thinking about cruising again gives me butterflies ;)

Unless you're a looong-time cruiser with many ships under your belt, you'll always find something new and interesting onboard. On my second cruise, for example, I discovered the sea-day high teas in the afternoon. Nothing spectacular, but a quite nice way to spend an hour or so. Since, I've spent more time listening to the lounge bands instead of taking in the main show. And, there're the new ports...

Don't worry, it won't be the same old thing.

..... I discovered the sea-day high teas in the afternoon. Nothing spectacular, but a quite nice way to spend an hour or so. .

'Tea Time' (not quite High Tea):D is something I always look forward to on sea days, as well. I really don't think a lot of folks know about this, even though it's announced in the Capers. I've never seen the room even half full...and that's a shame, because they have some delightful teas and delicate food offerings.

You're right - it's a very nice way to spend a little quiet time away from all the hoopla going on all over the rest of the ship - with a little touch of class.:)

I don't know.....I don't think the WOW is necessarily that much less on second and subsequent cruises, it's just LATER! :) After a whole bunch of cruises, I hate packing and getting ready to go. I mean HATE it. When I see the ship, I'm like....OK, there it is. Then when I board, it's like WOW....I'm back and this is so cool...I'm so happy, happy, happy...gimme a drink (even if it is only 11:00am)! :D

The other major difference is that after my first cruise, I could have stayed on board and cruised 3 more times before I would have been ready to go home. Now, I'm generally ready to go home at the end. BUT...that doesn't mean I had any less of a great time.

For all of us that repeat cruising....there must still be a WOW factor! :eek:

I was just as excited and incredulous as the first time. I kept telling my husband "I forgot just how wonderful this is!" Also, because we brought family members with us the second time who had never cruised before, it made it doubly exciting watching their excitement.

......... When I see the ship, I'm like....OK, there it is. Then when I board, it's like WOW....I'm back and this is so cool.! :eek:

:D I didn't mean to sound complacent. I DO still get excited each time I see the ship...like a kid at Christmas...

...but it can't compare with the very first time I cruised. At that time, it was "OMG, I'm actually going to be on that huge ship for a whole week. Me! On a cruise! WOW!!!"

I still get excited about my upcoming cruises but the first one is very special.

I also learned to stop comparing--something we did on the 2nd cruise.

Kept comparing the two ships--which really isnt fair since it was two different ships.

We've been on 18 cruises and each one has been WOWonderful.

Every new ship has it's twists and turns. And even when we have repeated ships there are new crew and fellow cruisers to meet. We have also run into crew from previous cruises:)

There are new ports to visit or old favorites. Islands and villages to explore. Things to see that we only dreamed about as children, never expecting to really see and experience them.

As Cotton was saying, we're like kids at Christmas each and every cruise. And, just like Christmas, some are more memorable than others (remember when you got the bike or Red Rider BB Gun?). Never had a bad Christmas or cruise:D

Charlie

I haven't gotten bored of them yet. I am still just as excited each time I get to the port and see my ship...maybe that's just me. I am very much a cruise addict and I'm not joking when I say that, either.

My family thinks I'm nuts.

I don't care. :p

Our second cruise was soooo many years after our first, so it was almost like going on our first all over again. LOL Seriously, I still had that WOW feeling even though we sailed sister ships for our 3rd cruise. It's that feeling of, WOW we are doing this again & going to different islands. Now for our cruise in September, I'm soooo excited. We're going on a larger ship, booked our first balcony & going to the Eastern Caribbean for the first time. I know I'll have that feeling of it being our first cruise all over again. I can't wait! :D

My family thinks I'm nuts.

I don't care. :p

LOL...some of mine do too as well as friends, co-workers etc. and I don't care either. But just let one of THEM think they want to cruise and who do they come to...????

I have a (facetious) sign on my office door that reads: Counseling - $100 per hr, Personal computer repair - $125 per hr., Veterinary advice - $75 per hr., Travel Agent - $100 per hr.

None of those are what I do for a living but somehow all of those are things I end up doing on a regular basis! I'm underpaid. :p

Archived