"MUST DO" in Miami...???

tjatczak

We will have a full day in Miami on Friday 6/29. We get off the Fascination in the morning and our flight does not leave until 10:00pm. We are renting a car, what would be on your list for "have to do's" during that day?

We have been to Bayside, but not really much else in the area.

What about a suggestion for a local seafood on the beach establishment for an unforgettable late lunch...

Please help if you can,

Ted

We will have a full day in Miami on Friday 6/29. We get off the Fascination in the morning and our flight does not leave until 10:00pm. We are renting a car, what would be on your list for "have to do's" during that day?

What about a suggestion for a local seafood on the beach establishment for an unforgettable late lunch...

Please help if you can,

Ted

I would check out Joe's Stone Crab's on the beach - pricey but really good. Hang around Coconut grove, Drive up and down Ocean Dr & Collins Ave. Visit Coral Gables - or if you are willing to spend the day doing this, head over the Everglades national park.

I know there is a Monty's Stone Crab on Miami Beach as well.. we were going to check it out last year while in Miami never made it tho.

Its actually just called Monty's. Its not Mondty's Stone Crabs. They have Stone Crabs, but they are not nearly as good as Joe's Stone Crabs.

Please help if you can,

Ted

One of the biggest 'Must Dos' in Miami is to go to The Delano Hotel and have a mojito at the Pool Bar. The lobby and the pool are must sees.

Do not valet park because they will charge you $50. Park at one of the municipal lots which are everywhere.

One of the biggest 'Must Dos' in Miami is to go to The Delano Hotel and have a mojito at the Pool Bar. The lobby and the pool are must sees.

Do not valet park because they will charge you $50. Park at one of the municipal lots which are everywhere.

HAHA...I'm headed there on Saturday with some out of town friends!!

HAHA...I'm headed there on Saturday with some out of town friends!!

LOL...Did y'all get a cabana? We got one in March and it was $400 but we got a FREE fruit platter and four bottles of water. Isn't that the deal? Thank goodness there were eight of us splitting the cost BUT George Clooney was three cabanas down from us.

Worth every penny:)

LOL...Did y'all get a cabana? We got one in March and it was $400 but we got a FREE fruit platter and four bottles of water. Isn't that the deal? Thank goodness there were eight of us splitting the cost BUT George Clooney was three cabanas down from us.

Worth every penny:)

OMG!! That is not a bad idea since its 7 of us!! We are having drinks at my place first and then headed over there! I'm going to call right now. Where are the cabana's located at the pool area?

Unfortunately the stone crab season is only from October to May. I was very disappointed to learn this, because I have enjoyed stone crabs before, but they will be unavailable when we arrive in Miami a day early for our July 15 Freedom of the Seas sailing.

We're staying at the Hyatt Regency in February, have never been to Miami, and we'd love to get over to Miami Beach for the evening. What's the best way to get over there? We'd rather not have the hassle of a car rental.

Thanks!

You are right in not having a rental, parking is hassly especially at night. Just take a cab from the hotel, shouldn't be more than $30.00.

OMG!! That is not a bad idea since its 7 of us!! We are having drinks at my place first and then headed over there! I'm going to call right now. Where are the cabana's located at the pool area?

Did y'all end up getting a cabana? Ours was across from those two story pool site suites.

Did y'all end up getting a cabana? Ours was across from those two story pool site suites.

No...I called all day on Saturday and the kept bouncing me around until I spoke with someone finally at the concierge and they told me that it was only for the hotel guests. Then we arrived that night and they told me that we could rent them, that it was not just for the guests, but the waiter told us that it would be too hot, so we ended up getting a bed right in front of the bungalows, and Jamie Fox had rented the bungalow right in front of our bed. There were a lot of people trying to get pics of him. All in all it was a good time!

Please help if you can,

Ted

I am not a big seafood fan. I highly recommend Don Shula's Steakhouse. It is right on the beach. The steaks are unbelievable. They just melt in your mouth. Everything is ala carte, a veggie medley is included with the steak. The potato could feed 2 people. Four of us ate there and the bill was about $150. We each had a steak, potato, alcoholic beverage and dessert.

Archived